Paracetamol

newbie1984

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Been suffering with back pain the last few days, started off just at night but now I feel it all day. Probably not helped by me sitting in an office all day. Anyway, cold packs and hot baths are not helping so its been suggested I take paracetamol.... My question is am I still allowed 2 every 4 hours as usual? I don't want to take them but I don't think I have much choice. Id say it's a mild but noticeable pain. MW wasn't concerned.

I had to visit the doc on mon due to migranes and they said to try and take the edge off slightly I could use paracetamol 2 every 4 hours upto the daily limit cos paracetamol was fine. She wasn't at all concerned when I asked if it was safe just said yes definitely. Might be worth popping to the docs for some co-codimol which my doc also prescribed me saying it was safe but a bit stronger so might work more effectively for back pain too? Xx

Thanks hun if it persists tomorrow I'll go to the doctors on Friday. I'm hoping its just muscle damage or something and will get better in time.

get ur wee tested too! ive been hving bad back and some shooting pains in bum and legs and mw says sunds like uti so weeing in a pot tomorrow! xxx

Was just going to suggest what daniph1 suggested :) Hope you feel better soon Hun xx

Hope I can help as I suffer with back pain due to athritus long before got pregnant.

I use many cushions between my back and the chair/sofa, heated up wheat bags and when can't ignore the pain then paracetomol but they don't do much - just take edge off.

Doctor told me to stop all my other tables like co-codamol, Ibuprofen etc as they could make me MC.
When it gets real bad laying on your side with a pillow between your knees helps much.
Also get your OH to gentle massage you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back