Paracetamol.

charlene09

Reaction score
Just mentioned to OH that I have had to take paracetamol every night and he said that if I take 2 every night it could harm baby.
So, its got me thinking now could I damage baby taking 2 every night as I suffer with really bad backache this pregnancy

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

No it shouldnt harm baby in any way. Although its maybe worth looking at alternative options (TENS perhaps) if its going to be a long term problem.

I never used anything in tri1 as was told to avoid it unless unbearable but lots of people have different views x

I had awful backache in tri one and asked midwife about paracetmol, she said it's fine. Not known to cause any problems to baby in any tri (something to do with the way it's absorbed apparently) so dw :) x

I've been told to avoid anything like that. But other doctors and midwives have different views. Its hard to beileve which is true isn't it :(

When I have these pregnancy headaches I only take one but wouldn't like to take them more than once a week really. Even though midwife always says paracetamol is fine. Try a cool pack over your eyes & lights off with your eyes closed for 10 mins, that usually works too xx

When I have these pregnancy headaches I only take one but wouldn't like to take them more than once a week really. Even though midwife always says paracetamol is fine. Try a cool pack over your eyes & lights off with your eyes closed for 10 mins, that usually works too xx

I don't suffer with headaches though, I don't know what to do about my back :(

I used to get bad backache and used to take quite a few paracetamol then I got some heat pads from the poundshop, you just peel off the sticky back and stick them onto your top. They take 5 minutes to heat up and stay warm for 8 hours. Not bad for a quid! Even if they dont help your backache they will still help you relax :)

xxx

Paracetamol is perfectly ok to take whilst your pregnant x

i'd go to the doctor hunny i'm the same as you i suffer from back ache, and doctor prescribes me with a low dosage co-codamol (which is safe to take during pregnancy) and i use it occasionally when i find i cant cope, i also use head pads and hot baths help. or sitting on an exercise ball. xxx

Ive got a terrible cold and have been to see my GP who said it was perfectly fine to take paracetemol, hope you feel better soon xxx

Oooooo i know all about the sore back. I have been using a hot water bottle and lying on my side all the time i am resting . Mine gets worse at night . I haven't taken anything and i'm off to the pound shop in a min to look for these pads x

Hot water bottle has worked for me now I'm getting late on in pregnancy. Am now going to hot foot it down to the pound shop to get some sticky heat pads to wear at work!!!

I've got one of them sticky heatpads somewhere I did have clickheat they were amazing but I burst it boiling it in the pan ott oh

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

I'm the same. My back is so sore. Going to poundland - great tip kittyrooroo thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back