paracetamol

lanny

Reaction score
hi everyone,
is anybody else taking paracetamol for things like headaches?
ive only taken them a few times since finding out but some days i have no choice as my head is banging that much. I try putting up with it for as long as poss and drink loads of water but sometime it dosnt go. but when i googled it lots of sites say you shouldnt in your first 12wks?

not too sure about the first 12 weeks i know the doc gave me paracetomol when i went over on my ffot last week for the pain but im 24 weeks. sorry cant help but didn t want to read and run xx

Ohhhh...ive been taking paracetamol, most days due to IBS pain. I was told my the ultasound person thingy that it is completly safe? :shock: xx

Its true some saydont in first 12 weeks but some doctors say it is ok, and sooo many people do take it in first 12 weeks and their babies are perfectly fine. personal choice really and whther you can stand the pain!

I had to have LOTS of paracetamol as i got gall stones and a terrible virus and went into hospital on a drip all within my first 12 weeks. my baby was fine at my 13 week scan :)

Hi, had my booking in appt with my midwife on Friday just gone and I asked her. She said paracetamol fine and the normal adult dose is fine also. Things to avoid are aspirin and ibuprofen and stuff like that. I've been taking it for headaches and a cold, admittedly not the once every four hours as it says on the box, prob about twice a day at most. Best to check with your doc/midwife though as you may have something that means you can't take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back