Panicking

suzzi

Reaction score
ok i have everything ready for baby except my brain!!

im shitting myself keep thinking what the hell am i doing! its been 15 years since my last i have my life back can do as i please and now ill have this little bundle relying on me.

i seriously dont think im gonna cope, im scared im gonna regret it, OH made me think about it the other night, he was only joking i hope but he was like "well as long as you dont have it on a sat when im due to play golf", and "well im still going golf on a saturdays whatever as im at work all week " and im thinking ok so im the one who has to change my life and you want to carry as normal!!! ill be going back to work full time in July so it should be a bit of give n take.

seriously freaked me out!!

Aw Hun you will be okay. It's natural to feel apprehensive about all thd changes. For some reason men think a baby won't change their lives one bit :strangle:

its just that my older kids dad did nothing, never changed a nappy, did a night feed, he just carried on going to the pub all weekend, even when i was in labour he went out for the night and was pissed when we went to the hospital, on my second while i was in labour he had me cooking his dinner before he let me get ready to go to hospital.

OH isnt like that at all but its bringing back all these horrible memories, i got rid of the ex when youngest was 11 months and was a single mum for years and it was hard work.

But you got through it didn't you which is a fab achievement and proves that you can do it. Ex sounds like a tosser, glad you got rid of that one. I'm sure your o/h will come up trumps with this one x

yeah i did lol

OH is nothing like ex, maybe its coz it hasnt hit him yet x he better bloody hurry up!!!

All the old instincts will kick in I felt like that couple if weeks ago although my other 2 r still little I was like omg how am I going to cope !! But have felt the most relaxed post birth with all 3 of them this time nothing has fazed me yet although oh is still off . Will b interesting first day I have school run to do on my own !! Sure oh will realise soon is it his first ? Xxx

I totally share your panic suzzi. I have a 9 yr age gap and have just got myself to where i wanted to be in my job etc and then i find out i'm pg. It felt like i was taking a massive step backwards to be honest as i thought i had finished my family. I keep thinking of all the positives having a new baby will bring and the extra help the older kids will be. I know my dh will be a good help but i also know that i will be doing the lions share of the work with the baby.

no its OH 3rd too.

i think part of it is my fault coz i carry on as normal and he lets me, we had a conversation about it the other week and he said if he started faffing about around me doing stuff id go mental as im to independant and would have to do it myself regardless of how i felt. ie even though id been sick all morning last wed i cooked a roast dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back