Panicking now...

Froslass

Reaction score
I'm 33 weeks today and I've still not really got anything for baby..

The nursery isn't finished, it's still full of bags and boxes that need to be sorted and we've been in our new house nearly a month and a half!

I just want to feel ready because it seems the weeks are flying past, and baby is going to arrive and I won't have anything ready!

We have no nursery furniture, or a crib or anything!

I have a few packs of nappies and some bits and peices for my hospital bag and thats about it..

Is anyone else the same? I'm even certain I know what I'm really going to need and what I'm not! x

Help...

I only ordered most of the stuff incl moses basket and cot last week, waiting for couple of deliveries still. Just make a list and start going through it. Cot wasnt a priority for me but I got one anyway.

You dont need that much clothes though to start with, make a list of what you have

Try not to worry!!

I have about 1/4 of the things I need, we're going through alot in the house with getting new kitchen/bathroom & decorating ect, so we dont want to clog up the house at the moment.

Sit down & take the time to write a list. And try & buy one thing a week, even if its something small like baby bath or packet of sleepsuits.

:)

I'm a few weeks behind but also have/done nothing, the pram is on order though! I just keep thinking there's loads of time left yet!

I have less than 2 weeks to go and i still haven't packed my hospital bag! The nursery is done, although realistically she isn't even going in it for the few months, so don't worry about that bit so much. Get your moses basket/crib or whatever your LO is going to be sleeping in sorted in the next few weeks, and stop stressing about it all. Supermarkets often do clothes, so when you go in for a food shop, have a gander and maybe pick up some nice bits and pieces to add to your collection of clothes.

Yup, had the same thing until I sat down and made a list of things to do.

OH and I sat on amazon and ordered things we needed over the weekend (just waiting for delivery) we've agreed to cross off at least one thing on the list every day.

Try to focus on what you need for the first couple of weeks then see how you get on. You may be like I was and realise that there really isn't that much to be done just yet.

the only thing is delivery of the furniture it could take up to a month or more if its ToysRus...but youd only need a moses basket to begin with furniture wise
xxx

yeah i wouldnt worry, i did everything spot on with my first but realistically you dont need everything thats printed in a mama and papas magazine, as i now know. we have done the nursey but i find myself adding things into the room because where decorating everywhere else. so my house is a bombs site at the minute.
i have done my hospital bag though x

All I have done is wash through my baby clothes and put in drawers ready. I have moses basket made up and all sheets washed and ironed. I am doing re-useable nappies so have ordered them, expect delivery tomorrow. I have finally (just yesterday) packed my hospital bag and I know that my pram and car seat are in attic, all cleaned and ready to come down when baby here. I have bought baby toiletries, cotton wool, shampoo, baby bath, baby oil etc and all I really need to do now is get a nappy bin and laundry bag - hey if I do that online tomorrow that will be me done.
Cot etc I dont need for months yet so its not even on my list. Its amazing what you will get done in last 3 weeks I promise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back