• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Panicking a liiittle bit..

sarah1

Reaction score
Hi girls

I had a call from the infertility clinic this morning (annoying right after I'd just been in to hospital for a blood test) to say one of my recurrent miscarriage blood tests had come back borderline positive (don't know if they call it positive) for Lupus....... I'm being re-tested so they can confirm either way, and praying they have made a mistake.

I've read a bit about it online and obviously looked up the symptoms!! The only things I can relate to are shortness of breath and very dry skin on my hands that won't go away - but thankfully these can be caused by anything.

The other thing I'm stressing about is my progesterone test. I've just had blood taken today but am worried as my LP is only 10 days so it may be low anyway - I don't want my clomid dosage upping if I am ovulating but just have naturally low progesterone. The nurses at the hospital are a bit negative and makes me feel worse about everything!

Hope everyone is ok xxxx

Hi :)

Do you know if they tested you for lupas, or was it for blood clotting disorders ?
This is routine in recurrent miscarriage, i.e blood clotting tests, & if its borderline positive then it could be that it flares up when your pregnant.

This can be fixed by baby asprin & clexane injections which is a blood thinner, but clexane is now given as fragmin or often know'n as heprin, this has worked for many ladies who have a blood clotting issue when pregnant. About your lp 10 days is quite short, above 10 is classed as normal & under 10 is classed as short, so you sit right in the middle which i would still class as low.

Cyclogest progesterone can be given to you during your cycles, which you would take after ovulation, & should be given when your next pregnant. Speak with your doctor about given you cyclogest to help with your lutal phase. You have to be pushy sometimes, cause some dr's can try to push things under the carpet. Clomid usually lengthens your lp so if its not doing that then it may be wise to up the dose, but if you dont want them to do that then ask about the progesterone cyclogest.

Dont worry about the positive blood test, can you ring them back & ask them what the positive test was for ? Goodluck. x

Just read your message back & read there retesting you again, sounds like its a lupas test. You can have a borderline positive but then on retest can be negative, if this does happen, you still should be given asprin just incase you have a flare when your pg.

Hi Star

Thanks for the advice, yes it was for blood clotting - I've had 3 miscarriages (possibly more very early ones) and have PCOS too and also a large polyp in my uterus, so they are basically trying to rule out everything else!

I already take aspirin so hopefully that is helping if I do have it - scary thought to add something else to my list of fertility problems.

I'll see what my progesterone result is on Friday and go from there. Will get the second blood test done asap too. Yes I've read that clomid can lengthen the LP so fingers crossed.

So confused and going around in so many circles.

Thanks again xxxxxxxx

Hiya, i'v had a few miscarriages myself so i know how you feel hunni. Its horrible & confusing & even worse when your struggling to get pregnant after having it there on a plate but taken away, ( if that make sence )

Thats how i know about the routine tests at mc clinic, i have had them yrs ago. They might try you with the fragmin this time round to go with your asprin, are you on 5mg of baby asprin ? Yeah clomid is supposed to lengthen your lutal phase but its having the opposite effect on you isnt it, deffo worth speaking about hte cyclogest progesterone, when you get your progesterone results back depending on the result. Good luck! xx

Last edited:
Sorry Sarah :hug:

It's stupid that they give you "possible" bad news and leave you worrying without confirming or explaining the situation :wall2:

Why didn't they simply ask for a repeat on the bloodtest :roll:

I hope you're coping alright :hug:

Star - this is my first clomid cycle (its taken them ages to get round to giving me it) so hopefully it will lengthen the LP.

Louise - I know, why give you news that may or may not be bad?!

I've just had to ring them again as I realised that because I already take aspirin every day it will interfere with the test (the doc told me this last time) so I want to know how long to stop taking it for. They are going to call me back:wall2:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya, they can be quite dosey cant they hun. Your right! you shouldnt be on asprin while there testing you for blood disorders cause it would interfear with the result but then they will prob say, if it's negative while your on asprin then that means the asprin is working, & thats what they will want. You need to know if onec you stop the asprin it comes back dont you. X

Ahhhhh Sarah try and not worry i know easier said than done and FX it's just going to be all fine x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back