• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Panic

gherkin001

Reaction score
My son is 5 months old and in size 5 nappies, as there are only 6 sizes, Im panicking... he's much too young to consider potty training yet, he's only just mastered sitting up unaided.

Are there any brands that go up further than size 6? Does anyone know if Terry Cloth nappies are bigger?

I need to be prepared for when we get there, at the rate he's growing it wont be long, he already weighs 21lb 3ozs (he was 5 months yesterday)....

Any advice would be gratefully received

I think size 4 nappies are meant to go up to 40lb's. Once he's crawling etc his weight gain will slow x.

Yes size 4 go up to 40lb and size 4+ go up to 44lb, does he not fit in them? Zac is about 21lb and in size 4, but they are still quite big on him x

Size 4 and 4+ cut into his legs, and to make matters worse if we do them up looser to avoid them cutting in, they leak... we've gone to size 5 and the problem of leaking has gone, so have the cuts into his legs... he was definitely ready for the bigger size...

My son has the cutting into legs problem, but he is still in pampers size 4. He was weighing 19lb 9oz 10 days ago.

I bought some huggies size 5 ages ago and they still drown him, go right up his back.

Have you tried different brands? Or pull ups? Not sure if they fit differently?

xxxx

Oddly enough, size 5 fit him perfectly, have tried huggies, asda's own, but it seems that he's outgrown size 4 in all of them... the best we've found is pampers baby dry... they fit him really well and dont leak at all... hopefully he'll stop growing so fast soon, but Ive been told by a nurse that potty training shouldnt be attempted till he's 2 so am really worried that we'll have to make make-shift nappies for him if there arent any on the market to take into consideration big babies

from what i've seen of older babies at groups they tend to get longer rather than wider as they grow and start to crawl etc so hopefully what you will find is that he wont actually outgrow the nappies, he'll just get longer around them- not sure if that makes any sense.

Don't stress about not being able to potty train til 2 coz that's bo**ox lol. Potty training really is child led and just have a potty in the loo from around 18 months and when LO is interested in it you'll soon know. I was asking my mum about this the other day, that's what she did with me and my brother. Some babies will start younger, others won't til 2, but there's no rules xxxxxxx

Hun my son was in size 5 aat bout 6 months too.. but he fit into the size 6 until he was potty trained at 2.. as the others said once theyre mobile they tend to get longer rather than wider so dont grow as quick x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back