Pamper evening...help!

Sam's Mum

Reaction score
I don't know what to do!! I'm meant to be going to a pamper evening next Saturday - it's been arranged for ages and I've said I'm going but I hadn't thought about it until a friend sent out an email with details today. It's just an evening with loads of girls at someone's house and they've got 2 people coming in to do 15 minute treatments - hand, back and foot massages and things. I desperately want a back massage but I know I can't have a normal one with normal oils. I'm not sure if I should say that I'm pregnant to the person who's organising it and see if they can do a pregnancy one, or make up some excuse not to go (which I'd feel bad about having said that I would!)

Any ideas?! The other option is an eyebrow shape which I really don't want. I assume hand and foot massages are also done with oils I shouldn't be using? x

All I can think of is buying some of your own oil and take it with you, you'll be able to make sure it's preggo friendly. Just say you have an allergy to normal stuff?? :)

Oooh that's a great idea! I don't mind telling the person doing the actual massage, just don't want everyone else to know! It's only the oil isn't it...they're not going to be funny and refuse to touch me because I'm pregnant? I've got some lovely Neal's Yard stuff from when I was pregnant with Toby but it might be out of date :lol:

I hope baby oils safe :shock: I've been putting it in my baths lol. They won't have a prob with hand or foot massage I think it's purely if you had to lie flat on your back or flat on your front it could be more difficult :eh: x

I'm ok with flat on my front at the moment :lol: I'll take some baby oil with me if my pregnancy stuff is out of date...thank you :yay: And I put it in my baths when I was pregnant with Toby too so I'm sure it's fine!

As Princess said take some of your own say you sometimes have sensitive skin from oils, or take baby oil to use. :) x

Maybe you could say descretely to the person doing the massage as well - just to be on the safe side.
xxx

Good idea - I will do :) Hopefully they'll be fine about doing it with my oil. If not I'll just have to lie in there for 15 minutes and chat to them so nobody thinks I'm weird :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back