• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Painful when weeing (sorry if TMI)

Laura_James&Amber

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm sorry if this is really gross but it hurts when I wee. This morning I woke up and was desperate for the loo and so I went but it didn't come out easily (SORRY! TMI) :oops: and when it did it really hurt my bladder, it felt like cramping and its happening everytime I go.
I thought maybe the baby is pressing against my bladder and I have a MW appointment tomorrow so I can ask her about but I was just wondering what you girls thought and if anyone has had this before.
Thankyou to anyone who replies :hug:

Sounds like a Urine infection, if it is your midwife will pick it up when they test ur wee, i had one a month ago, caught it nice and early so it didnt get bad but they can be very painful.

It could also be nothing, might jsut be a one off but worth mentioning to midwife x

Sounds like it might be an UTI to me. The MW will check your sample tomorrow and should be able to tell you straight away if this is the case. In the mean time try and drink loads of water to flush it out- this will also dilute your wee and therefore make it hurt less to pee.

Alex xxx

i'd agree sounds like a UTI, cranberry juice is supposed to help.

I used to get something from the chemist that made your urine less acidic (that is what stings the acid on the tract as it comes out with teh bacteria).

But i don't know if you can take it when pregnant.

Sandi

Like everyone else has said sounds like a UTI make sure you drink loads of fluids to try and flush it out and make sure you mention it to midwife you will probably be pescribed antibiotics that are ok to take in pregnancy to clear it up :hug: :hug:

I had this and got tesetd for a UTI but it was clear, I have it still quite regularly but just got used to it. I would speak to your midwife to make sure though, mine said that it could just be that when your bladder is so full and there is not much room in there as it is, it has to move things about then when you wee everything moves back and that could be the pain,

Hope that makes sense??

Hope it gets better laura :hug: Also I'd drink cranberry juice anyway, I'm sure I read somewhere it is good for bubs as well as UTIs :D

I've had cystitis a few times while pregnant, but I've also had a sore bladder without infection which I'm guessing is just baby pressing on my bladder :?

The best bit of advice I;ve beeen given is to rock back and forwards when you pee - yes you'll feel like an idiot :lol: but it helps to completely empty your bladder (which also means less getting up in the middle of the night :D )

Thankyou for all your replies. You girls were right, I have a urine infection and am on antibiotics (they are safe to take during pregnancy).
it was so painful but now the tablets have kicked in its not so bad and i'm drinking enough water to fill a lake lol.
Thankyou everyone. Take care :hug:

Hiya

Sorry to be graphic but does it hurt you when you wee in your private area or your lower tummy (like a pain with a slight tightening)

As for some time ive had a pain in my lower tummy when i need to wee and it wasnt a urine infection as i went to docs, it a mixture of your bladder pressing on the uterus when full and mini contractions (thats what my GP said) and my friend who i work with who is 28 weeks has had the exact same thing and we are both carrying quite low.

Hope this helps and your midwife appontment goes well :hug:

Gems x x

Hi gem, the pain is quite low down, sort of between my tummy and private area, its probably a mixture of the infection and the baby pressing on my bladder.
Hope your pain goes soon too, take care xx :hug:

Hope the antibiotics clear up the infection soon :hug:

Sounds like a classic case of the wee wee cops (aka cystitis/urinary tract infection) VERY common during preggytime..

If it gets very bad take a bottle of water and pour it during the flow it really helps...

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back