• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pain

Kim

Reaction score
I don't really know where to start with this one so apologies if I waffle.

On Thursday, for absolutely no reason, Rubie started screaming. It was that awful scream like when they have their jabs and they scream for ages til they run out of breath, then scream again, you know that pain scream. No one was near her and nothing obvious had set her off. She was inconsolable and screamed like this about an hour. I gave her some calpol, rocked her in my arms and eventually walked her round the block in her buggy. She then fell asleep and was fine when she woke up.

Since then she has done it 5 more times, 3 on Friday and 2 today. I can't for the life of me work out what it is that's upsetting her but she is obviously in pain. However she doesn't seem ill as she is still smiling inbetween these episodes and appears well. Although she has been really grumpy and clingy for the last few days too.

Any ideas anyone???

Could she be teething. Seren has been really grizzly and chewing hard on everything, nbut will also have screaming fits at times. I think its her teeth bothering her.

This did cross my mind and she has been shoving anything she can in her mouth, but isn't she a bit young for teething?

Does Seren have the same kind of screaming fits that I described?

Brody is also teething at the moment, he seemed to start really early.

Is it linked in anyway to her pooing? Brody always seems like he's in pain before he does a poo :lol:

if it is teething then I dont think she is too young bearing in mind it could still be a wee while before the pearly whites pop through. I gave Jess a half a carrot to knaw on when we were at that bit. It was too big for her to choke on.

Hope she is okay, they better be great big teeth

No it's not linked to her pooing, she never cries when she poos unless she is constipated, which she isn't at the moment.

Any of you who have experienced teething, did they behave like Rubie is? Please tell me it's normal, I'm going out of my mind....

it could be teething, but i always think that babies are just little "us" when Dior would have a crying fit rather then me panic thinking i was doing some thing wrong i used to think it could be any thing down to an itch on her lil toe cramp in her leg. babies cant show us in any way what the problem is, so when a baby is whingy or crying i always think there is a reason behind it.

more then likely is teething by the sound of it, my be itching and burning her gums and really stressing her out as she cant scrath them. try teething gel, it numbs the gums to take the pain away.

Definately could be teething hun.

Every child is different, some suffer some don't. :D

Hi Kim

Not sure if it's any help but I think Olivia has similar, unexplained "painful" screaming fits. I know Rubie is too old for colic but I'm not sure if Olivia has colic or not but I'll tell you what she does... I could be holding her or she could be on her mat or she could be anywhere and all of a sudden she'll start screaming, nothing will console her apart from rocking her up and down or putting her in the sling but she seems to either fall asleep and wake up having totally forgotten about the screaming or sometimes she'll take a while to come down from the "pain" scream to a whinging cry and then falls asleep! You might say well obviously she is overtired but sometimes she will just go to sleep for 5 mins then wake up fine and be as right as rain for a few hours after.

I don't think I've helped but think it sounds similar.

Lucy x

Yes Lucy it sounds excactly the same!! It's not overtiredness becuase she is obviously in pain there's no doubt about it.

I thought Rubie was too old for colic too but she still gets it if I don't give her infacol before every feed :evil:

Sometimes when it happens I lay her across my lap and gently massage below her belly button with one hand and hold her ankles in my other hand then gently push her legs up to her tummy (like doing those horrible lower ab crunches!) - this sometimes causes her to stop the really pain screaming and go to a whinging so that makes me think it's trapped wind that's gone past the bits that a burp will resolve.

Touch wood, Olivia hasn't had hardly any of these screaming fits since I've been using Colycinthis granules (recommended to me by a paediatric nurse at the Queen Mum's hospital in Glasgow). They're a homeopathic remedy.

It's awful when their wee faces screw up and they go into a horrible screaming fit, sometimes it's when she's on my boob and it makes me feel like my milk has become sour or something :(

Hope Rubie is ok

Lucy

Kim said:
Does Seren have the same kind of screaming fits that I described?

Not as often but when she does they are just like you described, I thought there was something in her nappy causing pain as she was really upset but there was nothing :?

Abi has been like this since Fri only once a day at 4 oclock 3 days running for an hour :( the first day she screamed that much when she finally calmed down she was sick and it was proper sick not baby milk sick :( i gave her pain killer and it didn't seem to help i'm assuming it's either teeth or belly, when she's not screaming she seema happy in herself but she is also not taking much milk or food :( will give her a couple more days see how she goes if she doesn't mprove with her food i might take her and get her checked out

Hi all just thought i would pop this on here, best thing i had for teething with Adele was the ashton powders they are very cheep from any supermarket or chemist and when Colby starts to teeth i will use them again as bonjela Adele just liked the tasted but did nothing to help her little gums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back