Pain in inner thighs

Tan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you are suffering/have suffered with loads of pains in your inner thighs and pelvis. Well, I think its there but its one of those that you struggle to describe. My lower back is killing me too like when I have period pains. I've tried searching for something on here already but not coming up with much. Its really painful to walk too and i'm only siting here at work but i'm so tempted to go home but will need to give some kind of explanation to our headteacher (male!!!)

Hmmm, not sure how to approach this one! Do you think paracetamol might help? Its not been like this all day and has only started in the last hour or so.

Tan x

try taking a few paracetamol first then if it doesn't go I would defin contact MW or something just to check it out. :think:

maybe babies head is dropping! that can be really painful sometimes... if you call midwife and get checked she will tell you.

def go home if you want to, remember what important, you and baby not your job!

xxxx

I thought it might have been the head dropping too but seems a bit early -especially as its my second.

I know its just a job but if I go home i'll lose my pay and can't afford to do that at the moment. Crappy bloody unsympathetic employers!!!!

Tan x

do you not get sick pay?? i dont either.

I have spread my holiday out so i didnt have to work a full week it really helped. now only 2 weeks left.

babies head can drop anytime now i think, baby can be engaged for a long time if they get comfy!! well at least they are comfy!!!!!! haha xxxx

Hi Tan i have been suffering with period type pains in my back for a while now! These do only come on and off and last for about 10 mins, but very painful! Not sure what it is i just put it down to braxton hicks! Not sure if yours is the same!

My neighbour has just had a baby and she was told that with your 1st child head can be engaged for weeks but further pregnancies the head doesnt usually engae untill labour!

Maybe it is your little one moving down, if you are worrie call your midwife!

Not sure if this helps but hope you feel better soon!

i've heard of these pains.. don't know if its the same pain your feeling! but a few friends described pains in their thighs and the front of their lower hip/upper front thigh... they said it was the babies head engaging. they described the pain like something inside their skin itching and pulling..

does that make sense... like their was something under their skin...

do you not get any sick pay? thats crap!

x

Hiya,

It could very well be the babe's head engaging or it could be Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD), i've got that & its very painful & uncomfortable. I would mention it to your midwife tho. I would take some paracetemol to ease things a bit & relax in the tub.

Nicki.x

Hi, thanks for all your replies.

I decided to go home in the end and just layed on the sofa and also got my gym ball out to try sitting on that. It took bloody ages to pump up but did help!

Still really sore now but have got MW first thing tomorrow so will mention it then. May take day off tomorrow too.

Hayley - the pains are more like really bad cramp or pulled muscles all in my pubic bone area and my inner and sort of rear thighs. have put it down to the head going down for now but will hopefully find out more tomorrow.

Nicki - i've also thought of SPD too as ive had lots of problems with my hips and pelvis etc but the MW has never mentioned it and its one of those situations where you feel like you're the one telling the professional whats wrong with you! I know she wouldn't mind but I don't want it to look like ive just randomly looked up symptoms online etc!

Anyway, am surviving without the paracetamol at the mo so fingers crossed it calms down by tomorrow. Have also developed a lovely cold now too so am doing great!!!!!

Tan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back