OWWW Milk is coming in!

Keely

Reaction score
Any tips to relief this pain from my milk coming in ... I am wearing a good bra like midwife said and leaving them alone but MY GOD they hurt.....

It hurts from my armpit, to my chin!!!! :shock: and now my back hurts too.

Keely xxx

Are you breast feeding?
Savoy cabbage leaves in the bra help.

Also try and express some milk off,
warm flannels/warm shower on your boob can help too.

paracetamol is safe to take if needed

once breast feeding this should settle down, if not it will take awhile for boobs to slow production.

no i am not breast feeding! I couldnt cope with the pain and was dreading the next feed!! so I am bottle feeding now .... how long do your boobs take to reliese your not using the milk?? xxx

Hi hun,

When I decided to stop b/f my boobs got to the size of watermelons & hurt like hell but it only lasted a few days before they stopped being rock hard & the pain subsided (Oh the relief!) They are still 2 cup sizes bigger than they were tho.

Take some paracetomol & grit your teeth! :lol:

i understand about the pain when feeding, but it does get better honestlly.
at times i was in tears!!
take some paracetamol, and try and express some milk off, it does ease it for a while

i understand about the pain when feeding, but it does get better honestlly.

Ditto :) I was in tears a lot with Ella at first. If you're in pain when feeding then the latch isn't correct, your MW should show you how to latch him on correctly or a breast feeding counsellor can help you. Feeding does get easier as time goes on - well done for giving it a go, I understand that it's not for some people, but personally I think it's worth a little try as your milks in anyway.

Lie on your tummy in the bath and try and massage them slightly.
Try not to inhale the water at the same time.

If you can survive two weeks then you are through the worst, the pain can be toe curling! :shock:
But again well done for trying it, little one will have benefitted from just those few days.

Hope your discomft eases soon :hug:

mine were terrible after both babies so sore i wanted to scream, they were worse with Harley though, i was laying on the sofe unable to get up feeling like i was being stabbed in both boobs... epsom salts!!!!! my mum told me to take them, they are salts you mix with water origanly for constipation, i had a few heaps of it then sat in a hot bath and just let it all leak out....

ouchhhh im hrting thinking about it. its hurendous

I never got sore boobs but then again I never had any milk come in :lol: I was told about the cabbage thing though, meant to be really good!

well at the min I am taking nurofen and paracetamol 2 hrs apart it is really working .... I dont know how you girls kept breastfeeding with the pain ... I couldnt wait two weeks for this to stop!! Formular all the way for me now!! haha xxx

Perserverence, gritted teeth and the thought that Mil fed DH for 6 months (well come on, wouldn't you want to beat that?!?!? ;) ). I was hooked after those first few days though :D

Being a completely stubborn cow and having people like Urchin, Kina and Emilia to whinge to :D

Hi

When my milk came through i just cried and got through it it hurt soo much , i am glad i got through that though wouldnt of been able to if it werent for my nurse coming over and pumping milk for me and helping me latch Kiara on... boy was that hard to do then.
Good job for trying with the breastfeeding and hope it settles down soon.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite
Back