Ovultine ... random question

minxies

Reaction score
girls i bought some ovultine to help me get to sleep, its full of vitamins and is meant to be really good for you however, one of the highest vitamin content is vitamin A which i know is harmful, but it also contains folic acid so im confused whether im allowed to drink it or not?

its okay just looked on net at how dangerous vitamin A can be ... im gunna say no , argh another thing to add to the list of things i cant eat or drink lol ... xx

I was just about to say NO hun, i love this drink and I am missing it, but its so worth it. I keep finding different things each day I shouldn't be eating and drinking xx

Better to be safe than sorry hun. Try just hot milk and honey, (honey is perfectly safe as long as its pasteurised and not collected from the wild by you) and honey also contains an amazing natural antibiotic so can only do us good with winter coming xxxxxxxxx

Keep it until after the birth (Obviously if the date allows) always good for iron levels x

its amazing isnt it, i have a list aslong as my arm of things i can eat drink or do, but yeah it is of course all worth it :) hmm guess thats going back on the shelf lol!

how you doing anyway chick?

Make a pregnancy ticker

is hot milk and honey nice? i was gunna say what hot drinks are we allowed? cuz iv heard that de-caff coffee etc should be avoided aswell xx

I love it but to be honest my likes and dislikes are changing every 10 minutes at the moment lol (I actually considered peeling and eating a raw onion earlier :roll:) xxxxxxxx

I've been drinking hot chocolate loads. Plus my one cup of tea a day.

The caffeine thing is a bitch.

I love it but to be honest my likes and dislikes are changing every 10 minutes at the moment lol (I actually considered peeling and eating a raw onion earlier :roll:) xxxxxxxx

haha!! :rotfl: aw bless you!!

i just want a nice warm relaxing drink! is hot chocolate okay dosnt coco have caffine in? there should be a book with all the yes and no's in haha! so confusing xx

Im ok, been off work on hols since got my BFP, first shift back tomo :-( Don't know how im going to get thru it as im super tired today. Excited to see my ticker tomo as i'll have an appleseed, haha. r u ok? xx

aw i was the same when i got to 5 weeks to! haha now looking forward to week 6!! my sweetpea :p im so glad im self employed work my own hours cuz i keep needing afternoon naps its so silly how tired i am lol xxx

Make a pregnancy ticker

You are allowed to have some caffeine, just not overdo it, up to 200mg is the recommended limit. Though even the research on it is a bit shady IMO.

Hot chocolate has minimal amounts of caffeine in it, according to Wikipedia it has 9mg per cup. Probably less than your average chocolate bar.

Ps read on the ovaltine website that one cup gives you 1/4 of your recommended vitamin a requirement so as long as you don't have a zillion cups it should be fine.

I notice on lager cans etc they warn against having it in pregnancy, its just a pic of a pregnant woman with a line thru it, why can't they do that on normal foodstuffs like liver and stuff? It would make shopping so much bloomin easier xxxxxxxx

Ps read on the ovaltine website that one cup gives you 1/4 of your recommended vitamin a requirement so as long as you don't have a zillion cups it should be fine.

Thanks hun :) i may have one cheeky little cup then, im just so cautious after my last mc , wish i could wrap myself up in a bubble lol!

My midife told me not to worry about drinking my cups of tea and tbh i do think its a bit over the top i mean i drank loads of cups of tea throughout my 3 previous pregnancies and nothing bad happened, my midife just said maybe you could try a decaff tea in the afternoons to help me sleep at night better but otherwise she really wasnt worried about me drinking tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back