Ovulation Tests - Time of day?

babycake69

Reaction score
Hi All

What is the best time of day to do an Ovulation test? Is there a good time or just any time?

I hope this makes sense!!

Thanks

Hope this helps hunni

Q: What is the best time of day to take the ovulation test?

Unlike the pregnancy test kit, morning (first morning urine) is not the best time to collect samples for ovulation tests, as LH is synthesized in your body in the morning and will not appear in your urine until the afternoon. The ideal time to collect a urine sample is in the afternoon, though testing may safely take place from 10am to early evening.

I tend to test about 2pm everyday when testing, the leaflet I got with mine also told me to leave my sample about 20 min's to reach room temp b4 you test... you should also test at the same time everyday to get a true reading...

I started using them for the first time last month and think they are great, but then im addicted to POAS :lol:

Baby dust to ya hunni

Thanks hun! My leaflet doesn't say anything about room temperature! :wall:

Where did you get yours from?

I am totally obsessed!!

Hey yr welcome hunni

I got mine from ebay hun.. wheres yrs from... would you like me to scan my instructions so u have them as well??

yeah I get pretty obsessed as well, just bought some more haha they came yesterday :lol:

I started testing twice a day - around 2pm, and then again around 11pm before I went to bed (the month I got my BFP I would have missed O if I hadnt have tested twice).......!

My advice would be to buy in bulk from ebay, and test at least twice a day! Also many of us have found that we never got a really dark line (darker than the control line), but we were still ovulating, so think its best to take the darkest line you see as a positive!

Lots of luck

i was trying for about 12 months for jacob.. the month i bought OPK i got my BFP. I bought it from sainsburys and only used the one stick, got a really dark line and so BD that day... i'll be using sainsburys again...

hx

Thanks for all the replies! I got my from ebay! Who do you guys use? I think I will go off and buy some in bulk!

Thanks girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back