Ovulation and temperatures - charting help!

Lottie Tobe

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience of temping who can help? I'm so confused.

I'm using fertility friend to plot my chart. I got a positive opk on Thursday (cd14). It was negative yesterday afternoon and I got what I thought was o pain (but could also be my imagination).

I had a slight dip in temp cd14 (but fertility friend app indicates it wasn't a reliable reading), a slight rise on Friday (cd15) BUT this morning it's lower than yesterday.

Does this mean I haven't ovulated? Worried I am not ovulating. I'm hoping maybe there was an accuracy issue but I don't think so.

App hasn't indicated o yet and still says fertile....but I had a negative opk yesterday....

Anyone who can help? Tried so hard this month and don't want all the bd to be for nothing if I'm not even ovulatig!

You can ovulate up to 36 hours after a positive opk. You'll probably ovulate today if you've had a dip in temp but ff won't confirm until you've had a rise for 3 days. Keep dtd though until confirmed xx

Just had a thought. ..could the negative opk yesterday mean no lh surge...but that doesn't necessarily mean I have already ovulated?

It just means that your LH has surged when you had the positive telling the ovaries it's time to release the egg, it will then be released up to 36/48 hours after the surge. Sounds like it might be today xx

Update on yesterday - still VERY worried I'm not ovulating. Anyone got experience with temping?

Here are my last few temps -

Cd11 (mon) 36.60 celicus
Cd12 36.34
Cd13 36.58
Cd14 36.55 (this day I got a positive opk - two brands)
Cd15 36.63
Cd16 36.58
Cd17 (today) 36.62 - I also saw a tiny weeny bit of ewcm today (odd as I thought o happened yesterday)

So I see I have a .4 increase today - is that enough ? I know o can't be confirmed until three rise is temp, but my chart looks so static I'm concerned and can't stop thinking about it.

Can you post a picture of your chart? Is this your first month temping?

Last edited:
Thanks - yes it is my first month. I'm not sure how you add a photo?

This morning temp was 36.84 - massive jump.

Does that me I ovulated yesterday? Three days after my positive opk in thurs....

FF has put the circle as open dot....indicating it might not be accurate

I've just checked my chart again....5 days are open circles indicating unreliable temperatures. Maybe I should just give up temping? I'm worrying about something that maybe in unreliable. I wake up a lot in the in the night....I try to go back to sleep, but I suppose it could affect the bbt record?

You need to take your temp at roughly the same time every day after 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep. If you can't manage to do this then temping isn't for you. Sounds like it's actually causing you more stress than it is helping.
Screenshot your chart and then do a go advanced reply, there is a little paperclip for you to add your photo.

I agree. I might leave it next month. I just wanted to check I was ovulating. I think it's attached?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 8
Your pre o temps are quite high so I don't think you're actually managing to get accurate bbt measurements.
If I were you I would either leave the temping alone or just keep at it to get into the rhythm of doing it until you get it right but not rely on it.
Your ideally looking for a chart similar to this with pre o temps lower than post o temps but a clear shift in pattern which indicates ov. This is my latest one which also shows my pregnancy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for replying. I think you are right that the measurements are wrong. I think I will leave it as it's just causing more stress. Thanks for taking the time to look. And congratulations on your pregnancy x

No problem, happy to help if I can xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back