overwhelmed and stressed

ceriannbrown

Reaction score
Just need a little rant.

So. I got pregnant.. that's fine, happy etc..

but we cant live at this rental property any longer.. winter here will kill us this house is old and cold.

so we have to move out into my bf's mum's house by the 26th.

this means:

* putting a whole house full of furniture into storage
* got loads of packages for music magpie/mazuma/welovebooks etc that need posting but im too tired and confused to do it it's all clogging up the room
* loads of stuff to take to the tip loads to car boot
* i get ONE day off with my bf EVERY TWO WEEKS so don't get much time to sort things
* living with his mum - she's amazing but what if we annoy her and what if i hate not having our own place? will it be normal?

We very nearly have a full deposit for a house but then it's moving from his mum's to this house.

I read the other day that the only thing more stressful than moving is divorce.

BUT IM PREGNANT AND MOVING. and never get time off and neither does the bf.
he seems very relaxed about it all saying that it'll all be fine and he'll do everything. but i can't allow that. the house is a state and i have so much going on.

I am going to bed now. on this lovely sunny afternoon. because for once i am defeated and dont want to cry.

just looking for words of calming wisdom or anything else you might be able to offer!!
STRESSSTRESS. also im 10 weeks 2 days, i just want a scan date and to know everything is ok

Last edited:
Look at it on the bright side - you have a roof over your head and nearly have a deposit for a house

There are people out there who have no choice but to live in poor council sub standard housing

Look at the bigger picture- it will all be worth it for your futures together- :)

Have a nap and relax- i sometimes have a nap when I'm stressed and it clears my head and I re focus

You'll get to where you need to be xx

Last edited:
I have no words of wisdom cos I'm crap at that sometimes, but hope your ok hon. Take each day as it come and breeeeeeeathe x x

Look at it on the bright side - you have a roof over your head and nearly have a deposit for a house

There are people out there who have no choice but to live in poor council sub standard housing

Look at the bigger picture- it will all be worth it for your futures together- :)

Have a nap and relax- i sometimes have a nap when I'm stressed and it clears my head and I re focus

That's the thing, I count my blessings everyday. though i do work incredibly hard and silly hours to have a roof over our head as does the bf. we have saved every penny for 2 years, hardly gone out not had anything new, lived off beans on toast etc..

basically i wasnt meant to get pregnant for at least another year and this would all have been much more simple. but i am incredibly lucky to be pregnant and now im over the shock i am very excited. im sat in a room right now just FULL of boxes and it's clouding my ability to think rationally. i just wish someone would take it all away and sort it all so i could feel better about it all!

thanks for your advice and wisdom :) x

I have no words of wisdom cos I'm crap at that sometimes, but hope your ok hon. Take each day as it come and breeeeeeeathe x x

Haha thank you. i will calm down, it's just a difficult time atm. things could be much worse, i know that :) x

I am in a similar situation, we currently live in a 2 bed terrace but have 2 dogs and my step daughter lives with us also, we are waiting to complete on our new house, looks like we will be moving when I am roughly 13 weeks pregnant. On top on all this my step daughters mother has decided to now take us to court as she feels well enough to have her back (after3 years)

Stressful times lie ahead, but sure everything will work out just fine xx

I was in your situation, got pregnant when saving for a house, but when everything was finally sorted I moved house 4 weeks before baby was born.

It's not stressful if you plan properly and make sure you get enough help.

Good luck

Hey hun, hope you r a bit calmer now.

I tend to find the best thing to do if im overwhelmed with things to do is write a list. Jot down all that needs to be done and just slowly work through it. Delegate what you can to the bf and others who can help and it wont seem so bad hun.

I moved into my brand new just bought house 3days before i got married stressful for me and hubby but we got through it and you will to hun.

Michelle. x

Awwww try not to stress, it'll be ok :) In my experience, moving is the most stressful when you have to sell one house and move into another on the same day! At least of you're staying at your mum-in-laws you can move stuff over gradually :) Myself and my boyf are currently debating living arrangements as I own a two bed flat and he has a two bed council flat but he doesn't want to give it up as he has no family to turn to if we were to split and he has his little girl on the weekends so needs a two bed. I could rent mine out and live at his but I'd rather get rid of both and get a house.. I think I'm gonna lose though!! X

Moving is very stressful but it doesn't have to be THAT bad. I moved countries in April, I moved on the Saturday and I started a new job on the Monday. We were moving into Oh's mums house too, not ideal. BUT we managed. Oh kept saying he would take care of things and in the end he had to. I was flat out with my new job for at least 2 weeks before I could begin to unpack but it all worked out in the end. It took a bit longer than I would have liked but sometimes you just need to realise not everything is in your control. (I know sometimes this is very hard!)
I'm sure everything will work out hun, I can imagine it must be harder to deal with while pregnant though. Good luck! xxx

I am in a similar situation, we currently live in a 2 bed terrace but have 2 dogs and my step daughter lives with us also, we are waiting to complete on our new house, looks like we will be moving when I am roughly 13 weeks pregnant. On top on all this my step daughters mother has decided to now take us to court as she feels well enough to have her back (after3 years)

Stressful times lie ahead, but sure everything will work out just fine xx

Ah yes that is a very similar situation! It's crazy isnt it. we were going to have our own place next year but me getting pregnant has made it all need to happen much much quicker. ive calmed down a bit now thankfully. sounds like you have a lot to deal with there. i hope eveyrthing goes well fo you. it's nice to know other people are in similar situations, even if it is tough! :) what dogs have you got? even though im pregnant i still CANT WAIT to get a dog. renting is annoying pet-wise! xx

I was in your situation, got pregnant when saving for a house, but when everything was finally sorted I moved house 4 weeks before baby was born.

It's not stressful if you plan properly and make sure you get enough help.

Good luck

eep i bet that was tough for you! i think it's just all because i wanted a nice slow easy move next year when we were ready but now it's like ARGH QUICK GET A HOUSE.. obviously not something we want to rush! im sure it'll all work out. was having a hormonal moment earlier i think :p thanks for your kind words xx

Hey hun, hope you r a bit calmer now.

I tend to find the best thing to do if im overwhelmed with things to do is write a list. Jot down all that needs to be done and just slowly work through it. Delegate what you can to the bf and others who can help and it wont seem so bad hun.

I moved into my brand new just bought house 3days before i got married stressful for me and hubby but we got through it and you will to hun.

Michelle. x

Aw where would we be without our other halves? he is a calming influence. i have calmed down since he got home!! got some stuff sorted. like you say.. a list is always great. i normally do that. but this afternoon i was a bit beyond a list! aw must be lovely to have a brand new house. hope you're all settled and happy :) xx

Awwww try not to stress, it'll be ok :) In my experience, moving is the most stressful when you have to sell one house and move into another on the same day! At least of you're staying at your mum-in-laws you can move stuff over gradually :) Myself and my boyf are currently debating living arrangements as I own a two bed flat and he has a two bed council flat but he doesn't want to give it up as he has no family to turn to if we were to split and he has his little girl on the weekends so needs a two bed. I could rent mine out and live at his but I'd rather get rid of both and get a house.. I think I'm gonna lose though!! X

Ah sounds like you have lots to think about there then. Hopefully all will work out nicely for you both and you'll get the right set up. I just know we can't live in this house for another winter.. it's a lovely house but it's really old and it gets so so cold.. it just isn't home anymore. but yeah im really grateful to his mum. she has a whole room for us to have which she is clearing.. also i have my parent's place too but i think we would struggle for space there. just hope we don't annoy her! xx

Moving is very stressful but it doesn't have to be THAT bad. I moved countries in April, I moved on the Saturday and I started a new job on the Monday. We were moving into Oh's mums house too, not ideal. BUT we managed. Oh kept saying he would take care of things and in the end he had to. I was flat out with my new job for at least 2 weeks before I could begin to unpack but it all worked out in the end. It took a bit longer than I would have liked but sometimes you just need to realise not everything is in your control. (I know sometimes this is very hard!)
I'm sure everything will work out hun, I can imagine it must be harder to deal with while pregnant though. Good luck! xxx

haha wow, you have put me to shame with all you've gone through there!! how has it all gone for you? i bet you're exhausted with it all. is the new job good? Thanks for your kind words. i have calmed down significantly since the bf came home.. i need someone rational there when i get like that.. not sure if it's the pregnancy or just me being my usual neurotic self.. i absolutely hate moving house! and i have to do it twice more this year. gahh! oh well. hope you're good :) xx

I just re-read my message and it sounded well harsh, sorry about that!!
Just get plenty of men to help you move everything while you order them around!
Good luck :)

She's right, just sit back and think of how it will all be worth it in the end.

However... I live in council housing and its not substandard at all. I have a nice house in a nice street full of nice people. I know it's o/t but I do get a little offended when people categorise me as poor or bringing my child up in housing that is "substandard" when it's actually a lot better and safer than the other properties I've lived in before. :(

Maybe I'm just hormonal.

But just look to the future and try not to stress.

Last edited:
We are very settled now hun, but we moved in 2yrs ago and are just about finishing off now!! We bought a 2bed bungalow and have built an extentsion and consevatory so we now have a 3bed bungalow with ensuite(for hubby and i of course) huge living rm/diner and a massive kitchen.

Taken a long time and a lot of money but finally all decorated. Been tryin for baba the whole time but i have to admit i guess they have cum at the right time in the end now its all done.

Everything has a way of working out for the best even if you dont see how at the time.

Michelle. x

haha wow, you have put me to shame with all you've gone through there!! how has it all gone for you? i bet you're exhausted with it all. is the new job good? Thanks for your kind words. i have calmed down significantly since the bf came home.. i need someone rational there when i get like that.. not sure if it's the pregnancy or just me being my usual neurotic self.. i absolutely hate moving house! and i have to do it twice more this year. gahh! oh well. hope you're good :) xx
It's all gone fine! It just worked out really. And you know the best thing? The very month after the big month I fell pregnant straight away after trying for 14 long cycles! My new job is going great, really like it. Let us know how you get on :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back