Over 40 and broody

Rattyo

Reaction score
Anyone over 40 and so broody that they've decided to have a baby as the ticing clock is getting louder and louder, even though they're not in a permanant relationship? I feel so broody and can't think of anything else lately and everywhere I look there are pregnant women and babies :D How do you cope financially? If I could afford it there would be no stopping me... :lol:

Hi Rattyo, im not over 40, im 30 but i decided after a lot of thought that i would try for a baby without being in a permanent relationship, i got pregnant in Oct but sadly miscarried at 13 and a half weeks although my baby had died at around 11 weeks. Financially i had free childcare sorted so i could return to work part time and the babys father was going to be there for the baby and help financially although we wouldnt be together. I got a lot of mixed reactions from people, some thought i was mad and some understood and supported me. I completely understand how you feel although we still do have time to still meet mr right! I dont regret trying for a baby the way i did and have not ruled it out in the future although i am going to give myself plenty of time to get over this loss :D

rattyo - hello and welcome to the forum.
im not 40 either but i wanted to tell you that my mums 68 this year and she still gets broody. :lol:

Thanks to you both for your replies. I'm sorry for your loss jiesta, it takes a lot of courage to do what you're doing and I wish you well. I wish I had admitted to myself years ago that I really did want children, but I was in a relationship where he wasn't bothered so I guess I just put it to the back of mind as never gonna happen, until he got someone else pregnant :( Feel like I've wasted a lot of years and probably too late now!
Anne
x

Rattyo said:
Thanks to you both for your replies. I'm sorry for your loss jiesta, it takes a lot of courage to do what you're doing and I wish you well. I wish I had admitted to myself years ago that I really did want children, but I was in a relationship where he wasn't bothered so I guess I just put it to the back of mind as never gonna happen, until he got someone else pregnant :( Feel like I've wasted a lot of years and probably too late now!
Anne
x

thats awful :(

yes, it wasn't the best time of my life as we'd been together a long time, I suppose the best way to look at it is that it would have been worse if we'd had children, so that's one blessing! still it was a while ago now, just takes time!

Hi, I'm 40 and single. I do have children from my marriage, the last one was born 9 years ago but have always wanted at least one more. I'm using donor sperm as I have not found a new partner in the last 5 years and time is running out. You asked how we manage financially and the answer is you just do. You will get child benefit, tax credits (if income low to moderate) and help with childcare. And of course cuddling your newborn is priceless! Hope things work out for you. :D

Hi Rattyo!
You are not alone.Im 40 this year and expecting meself!
Old mums are just as good as new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back