Lets have a seriously broody day

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Over the past few days I have been in worry mode about bringing a newborn home, being a mum, worrying about money, worrying how I will cope with the massive change of lifestyle etc etc

Of course, having my two blood tests on monday to test for diabetes hasn't made me jump for joy as I'm not allowing myself any naughty treats until I get the results which is really boring!!!!!

In the middle of all this boring stuff I have completely forgotten to be broody and don't really feel that excited at all.

So I have now decided to hold a broody day, but I need your help!

Please help me to feel broody by talking about all the good stuff. (Nice moments, baby stuff, baby clothes, funny scans, bumps etc)

I want to be stroking my bump with glee within the next few hours! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hmmmmm.

Have you been into your nursery and held up all the little outfits?
I've been rubbing baby lotion into my bump as it absorbs quickly and the smell makes me feel all broody, so does the smell down the nappy aisle at Tesco.
You could start making a scrap book and record all of your baby memories so far - first movement, scan etc.

I think the lack of a nursery is my main problem.

It is full of DIY stuff at the mo. It is mainly decorated, but there is absolutely no sign of nursery at all.

Also the DH won't really let me buy anything as he says it is unlucky so maybe this is another problem.

I do have some baby clothes that i might get out later.

The idea of a scrap book is an excellent idea !! I must send off my camera to be developed. It is full of pictures of me and my bump, so that will probably help me get broody.

Hi,

have a look at the pics posted on the Baby Photos board- that does it for me! I am trying very hard now I'm in the last phase and everything makes me moan and complain and panic to concentrate on the cuteness of my sprog! I'm going to take one of the scan photos from 20 weeks into the hospital to try and remind me what it's all about! It'll be fine once the baby is here doing cute things but at the moment it's difficult not to just find it a bit of an endurance test if you know what I mean?

+++

Hi all,

I'm doing a scrapbook too. I started writing about my pregnancy experiences from when I found out, i write every 2/3 weeks about my symptoms, trips to the midwife/docs/scan, how everything is making me feel and how DH is feeling etc .
The DH and I went to New York at the beginning of the month and i couldn't resist buying some clothes and we also bought our babies first teddy bear (named Yorkie by hubby!! :D ) so i've kept some of the receipts and tags to put in the scrapbook.

Sarah, I would take yourself off shopping in Mothercare/boots etc, even if you don't buy anything, being surrounded by all those cute things will prob help you feel more broody. Try flicking through any baby mags. you have too.

Good luck.

Nicki.x :D

Yes I will definitely do that at the weekend.

The DH is coming too and I am going to make him look at all the baby stuff even if he is feeling supersticious.

Also I might get hold of a winnie the pooh cross stitch like the one that Cat made for her nursery with the alphabet on. That should really help.

Thanks guys, you are really helping

:D

Do a search on Google for baby gifts and have a look at all the lovely wee booties and baby clothes there are. This always makes me feel really broody :D

Ahhhh - http://pics.hoobly.com/full/9VNAQGVET8GH.jpg - baby snakes!

Sorry - it just made me chuckle that it was one of the pics on Layla's link ;o)

But seriously. I've started knitting squares to make a baby blanket. My OH thinks it's pretty funny, but it helps me to focus on the baby and is a way of spending time doing something about her arrival in a few months as I can't do much else - buy furniture or clothes - as we are hoping to move before she arrives! I'd almost forgotten how to knit, but found some useful resources on the web.

Skidoo said:
But seriously. I've started knitting squares to make a baby blanket. My OH thinks it's pretty funny, but it helps me to focus on the baby and is a way of spending time doing something about her arrival in a few months as I can't do much else - buy furniture or clothes - as we are hoping to move before she arrives! I'd almost forgotten how to knit, but found some useful resources on the web.

Hi Skidoo,

I've been crocheting little toys like mad! Have you found Craftster online- it's this brilliant message board type site where people post lots of photos of their projects and lots of their own patterns. These booties and hat for example are so so gorgeous I might have to get a lot better at knitting:-

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.ph ... ic=14033.0

+++

Hmmmm one place that has always made me feel broody is the Anne Geddes website!

Check this out!

http://www.annegeddes.com/

Try the black and white collection, it always makes me go Ooooooooohhhhh and my heart just melts and dribbles out across the floor....

Sue

Hi Rosebay -

No I hadn't seen that site, but I like it. My knitting is pretty rudimentary at the moment; I mean it's literally knitting, no purl or anything fancy like that! But I will be practising different things with this blanket, and maybe eventually I'll be up to knitting baby booties. Those little Ug style ones are really cute aren't they?

I'd also like to do some crochet, I remember how satisfying it was when I was a kid and my grandma taught me how to do it. I'll have to see if I can find some web resources to help me - about.com was pretty good for knitting reminders.

- Skidoo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back