out of these 3 car seats...

Dont really know which one to advise on but i would check that they all fit in the car they are intended for as not all seats fit all cars, also if they are 2nd hand ones to make sure they have not been in any accidents.

It says the silvercross has excellent front protection in crashes but is awkward to install. Similar for the Hauck one (if it's the actual model called the "Zero Plus" it's a Which best buy with a score of 71%. There's no review for the Graco but we have one and using the base it's useless as a newborn's head flops right forward, it's far too upright. It's fine when installed with just the seatbelt, though. I wouldn't buy one again, I'd go for the Maxi Cosi cabriofix.

Just take care when buying car seats second hand.

Hi hun I personally wouldn't get a 2nd hand seat off ebay because even though the seller may insist that it hasn't been in a accident. You personally cant garrante that.

I would go to a shop and buy a brand new one as you can be advised on what's most suitable for you as well.

I have a Graco one with a base and it was so good. It just dropped in and unclipped rather than fiddling with seat belts. I had to have a base due to the seat belts in my car not being long enough for ANY car seat!

But like Mrs Tommo said i'd rather get from new. You can get such cheap, brand new car seats these days. In a shop you can test fitting too.

Okay thanks guys :)
Yeah the only thing is I have £70 to spend on one, and normally a good one in shops are more than that arnt they?
M&p's ones are £110.

Oooo thats lush hun :)
I like ones with the kinda head support thing though, but Im guessing you can buy those separatly? :)

I'd recommend one of the ones that o from birth to 18kg- will save you forking out on a new car seat when baby gets to about 9kg. (Evie is 9 months and still only 7.5kg but my friend's baby outgrew his stage one carseat at 6 months! :shock: )

Like This One
Or this one
Or this...

TBH I would go for the Britax one. I know it costs a bit more but they are the best. This is one thing I would shell out on if you can.

I know they don't look as hand as the others but TBH you wont be able to carry baby in one of them after a few months anyway- they are really heavy and you don't realise! :lol:

Its not reccommended you buy second hand car seats so I'd say none of them.

:)

I dont know anything about them but for what its worth we've always used Maxi Cosi ones and they've been fab and they look really cosy. We mainly got them because the first one fitted on our Quinny, but regardless of Quinny I'd still recommend them. Although I assume they're all pretty much the same..! We bought the baby baby one and then the bigger one at 9 months. We bought the 9 months one (and a stroller) with the money we sold our Quinny for :)

Since that post Iv sold the trave, system and now have a mamas and papas pushchair.
But it didnt come with a car seat, you had to buy that separtly for £110.
Seen as I wont use a carseat all that much I didnt want to spend £110 on one, and thought id buy a diferant one for a bit less.
:)

could you maybe borrow one off someone? do you really need a car seat?

I will be tarvelling up to see my mum and dad quite often I would of thought.
I think its nice to have one just incase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back