Out and about with EBM

millie15

Reaction score
...how to store it when taking it out? Do I put it in a cool bag or something and can it be any cool bag or does it have to be a special one for bottles? What have you got for taking it out and about?

I have two sections in my change bag for bottles with cool wrap stuff lining them. Also a detachable bottle holder that can fit an icepack.

When I used to take EBM out with me I'd store it next to the ice pack in case it wasn't used so it was good for later.

If you don't keep it chilled its only good for 6 hours.

EBM is so much easier to take out and about than formula! I had a cool bag that I used fro taking my lunch to work and we used that. we did buy the avent bottle cool bag after a while but only because I wanted mine back! :lol:
Choose a nice packed lunch cool bag and that will do.
I found if she was going to be fed in the next hour or 2 it was easier to just have the bottle of milk in the bag rather than the cool bag and that way it was room temperature by the time she was thirsty.
The only big deal in my experience has been when going away for the weekend and transporting a fair few bottles at the same time. Then I used a bigger coolbag and lots of ice packs to create a fridge to keep the milk in. You only need icepacks if you're not going to be using the milk for a long time though. As it is fine at room temperature for 4 hours, would take a number of hours to get there in a regular coolbag and then baby has a break between feeds that does mean you can go out for at least 9 hours without an icepack (2 hours still cold, 4 hours at room temperature, 3 hours before next feed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back