• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Our split list! Ugh.

tipper

Reaction score
So far, DH and I have been having a hard time agreeing on names.

I like:
Jackson
Matthew
Jacob
Cullin
Jasper

He likes:
Mason
he's "OK" with Matthew and Jacob, but I don't think he likes them that much honestly
Japser

Now, with Jasper being the one name that we both agree on (at the moment), I'm concerned about it with our last name. He would be Jasper Richter (pronounced Rick-ter). Do you think that is too many er's in a name, or would it be OK? I had been trying out other"er names", and some do sound better than others (I think Jasper is one of these ;) ).

i think it sounds ok actually!! love ur choices! :D xx

I like your name choices! I think we have similar style, actually. I like the sound of Jasper Richter!

After reading a name thread on my other forum......I discovered that half of the names I like are from the Twilight saga. :sick: I can't stand those movies and swear they had no influence whatsoever on my names! :lol:

But yeah, as much as I like Jasper, it is more on the unique side and I tend to opt more for traditional names. I was talking to one of my sisters today, and she asked if we had thought of any new names. I mentioned Jasper and first there was silence.....and then she said she thinks the poor kid will be teased. I mentioned the conversation and concern to my DH, and he did agree that he could be teased in school, but that it would be a "strong" name once older. Do you think the name is a bit too strange? I'd really prefer not to doom my child to taunting throughout the school years....

Last edited:
I think Jasper is very cute,OH didn't like it though..

Love Mason,one of my favourite,good old strong name !

i cant see why he would get teased for being called jasper? i cant see any problem with it I think its a cute name that will grow up well with him

lol about the twilight thing, my bf informed me some of my shortlist are in twilight too, she thoguht thats were I had got them from and was very excited.....however I hadnt even thought about it
Ive seen the movies (with her) but thats were it ends

I went to school with a Jasper and he was never mocked for his name.

Later on he used to call himself 'Jazzman' as a nickname, thass alright :)

p.s. For what it's worth I think that Jasper Richter sounds absolutely fine!! It sort of rolls off the tongue :)
x

Think it sounds fine hun! Cute name :)

I love Matthew! If one of my cousins wasn't Matthew then we would have used it!

xxx

i love twilight haha.. Jasper goes fine with ur second name hun xx

I loved Jasper but my OH vetoed it, I think it goes fine with your name thought :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back