Our baby dreams

mags

Reaction score
Have your 'future children' ever come to you in dreams/premonitions? And did you later find yourself to be living your dream? Glitzyglamgirl's post about meeting her little boy in a dream (the little boy who might be growing in her tummy!) really touched me, as I had a similiar experience. This dream was one of the most realistic and vivid dreams I've ever had. I'm walking down this beautiful tree lined street towards 'my house'--though I've never walked down this street before in my physical life. I can see everything so clearly--the 3 storied Georgian style red brick house with it's cream door and posh looking brass door knocker, the front garden in the shade of a large tree which has a child's swing attached to one of the branches... I walk up to the door and peer in a window to the left. I see my husband with such a look of happiness and joy on his face--positively beaming, at this beautiful little boy whom he's feeding in a high chair at the dining room table. My little girl looks to be about 3 years old and is running around the table merrily, with plaited hair. I look at my family through the window and think how lucky and incredibly happy I am. I open the door and am greeted by a chandelier and walls covered with family photographs, walk into the dining room where my family is and see peach colored wallpaper and again photo lined walls. My husband smiles at me and I walk over to my baby an lift him from his high chair, cradling him in my arms and whisper 'my Patrick' to him. He is a goreous little boy about 6 months old with light brown hair and hazel eyes. My family gather around me and then I wake up!

This dream has helped me get through some tough times, as I really believe this will come true. I can't wait to meet my little Patrick. Maybe we won't have the gorgeous house (which looks unlikely unless we win the lotto! :lol: ) but to hold my husband's baby in my arms will be so amazing and wonderful, and I don't want anything more. When I had this dream, shortly before we got married last November, I woke up and just lied in bed grinning happily and stroking my hubby until he woke up and honestly--the first thing he said to me was "I've had such a funny dream. We were in this house and it had peach coloured wallpaper. We had a little baby in a play pen..." :shock: Needless to say I was dumbfounded!

For as long as I can remember, I've had dreams about this little boy with the hazel eyes. As a child I felt like he was a little friend of mine and as I got older I got this distinct feeling he was my son from the future, making contact. Mostly he comes to me as a boy at the age of 5 or so. I never knew his name until I had that dream in November. He also appeared to me in a dream this past summer. I was sitting on the couch with my daughter, watching Hubby and little Patrick (about 5 yrs old) sitting on the floor playing with a little red fire engine. The feeling of contentment I felt when dreaming that dream was so wonderful.

Sorry if I bored any of you...I'd love to hear anyone's similiar experiences...

thats so amazing mags thanks for sharing!

ive copied the following from a section of my pregnancy diary;

I had a dream that really shocked me, as I hadnt even thought about having kids again, let alone thought about it with my OH. After a lot of heartbreak I had resigned myself to never having kids again, and we had never discussed it so having a baby hadnt even crossed my mind. Anyway this dream.......We were standing in the doorway of a conservatory, looking into a garden with a big magnolia bush in the middle of the lawn. A little boy of about 4 or 5, with messy black hair, big brown eyes and wearing a red t-shirt was playing, running around the bush in circles. We were watching him arm in arm, and I felt like I was about to burst with love and pride. The little boy ran over to me and said "Hello, my name is Danyaal" I could see the name in the air like he was showing me how it is spelt.

I woke up and my OH was already awake, he asked if I had dreamt of anything (we always discuss our dreams on waking) and I said I had but I would tell him later. I didnt know how to tell him I had dreamt that we had a little boy, what would he think? Anyway he said "I think I know what it was about, ive been lying here thinking of baby names" I asked what he thought of the name Danyaal, the spelling and the pronounciation, he told me it was one he had been thinking about because it is Arabic as is my OH's name. I was absolutely shocked. Not because we were thinking the same thing because that happens all the time, but because I felt that our future child had come to say hello to us both and introduce himself. We decided there and then to start trying. We threw out the condoms (I'd been single for 2 years so didnt use the pill and refused to go on it and muck up my moods and hormones for anyone - a very bad experience with depo taught me that lol), and I got tested for beta thalasemia (OH is a carrier), stocked up on folic acid and started to quit smoking.

In march 06 we bought our new house together - it has a purple magnolia bush in the middle of the garden which can be seen from the conservatory!!!

sounds like we have indeed had very similiar experiences, id be really interested to see if anyone else has had this kind of thing!

I dont think theres any point trying to find an explanation, some things just cant be explained and trying to explain them just destroys the beauty, in my opinion :D [/quote]

I used to have a dream when I was little that I had a little girl called Eloise.
I forgot all about it, but when I got pregnant I had the dream again. Me and DH couldn't agree on names, so Eloise was perfect!

In loads of my dreams I have got twins about 5 years old, a boy and a girl with the names that Brad and I have chosen, I am just waiting for my 20 week scan to see if one of them might have been hiding at my 9 week one!!!!

I had a dream while i was pg but before my 12 week scan. the dream was about me seeing the baby at the scan. it wasnt a normal scan but very futuristic where a hologram of the baby was projected floating above my tummy. i remember telling the baby to cover its bits up because i wanted to keep the sex a suprise. it is this dream that made me decide to keep the sex a secret :D

Wow those dreams are amazing! I've never experienced anything like this but would love to! GGG I got goosebumps all over when you mentioned that magnolia bush :shock:

I had a dream ages ago, when i was pregnant with the baby i lost it was so real and beautiful, i was in my old flat and in my dream i went to the toilet and gave birth to a very tiny little boy with lots of hair, and because he was so small i was sat with my back against the radiator to keep him warm wrapped in blankets, ian was crying and hugging me and i was just staring at him, i felt the pain of labour (which was quick) and the love i felt and it was lovely, ian kept saying whats his name and i just said Joey, then ian sneezed and made him cry so i hit him with a pillow, anyway the next day was the day i started to bleed, and that was the weekend i found out i was miscarrying, I like to believe it was perhaps my little boy saying goodbye and letting me hold him (not sure for defineate the baby was a boy but after that dream i was sure)

Alfiesmummy said:
I had a dream ages ago, when i was pregnant with the baby i lost it was so real and beautiful, i was in my old flat and in my dream i went to the toilet and gave birth to a very tiny little boy with lots of hair, and because he was so small i was sat with my back against the radiator to keep him warm wrapped in blankets, ian was crying and hugging me and i was just staring at him, i felt the pain of labour (which was quick) and the love i felt and it was lovely, ian kept saying whats his name and i just said Joey, then ian sneezed and made him cry so i hit him with a pillow, anyway the next day was the day i started to bleed, and that was the weekend i found out i was miscarrying, I like to believe it was perhaps my little boy saying goodbye and letting me hold him (not sure for defineate the baby was a boy but after that dream i was sure)

:cry: :hug:

Alfiesmummy said:

It definitely sounds like he was saying goodbye to you babe, it must have brought you a lot of comfort :hug:

glitzyglamgirl said:
Alfiesmummy said:

It definitely sounds like he was saying goodbye to you babe, it must have brought you a lot of comfort :hug:

apart from the moment i gave birth to my prescious baby boy alfie it was the warmest most loving feeling iv ever had, these dreams are all so real arent they

Dont think its really the same but i had a " pregnany scare" a while back when i didnt want to have a baby. I never took a test but i was sure i was. Anyway i was really young and stupid and thought if i ignored it everything would be ok. I had my period a while later (i never kept an eye on my periods so not sure how late i was).
I some times have weird dreams that i was pregnant and "misscarried" but it didnt come out. And i dream that i can see inside my tummy and theres a tiny baby fast asleep! :wall: It's awful and makes me feel really guilty. :cry:

hi mine is a little different but i miscarried in 2002 and a few years later i had a dream where a little girl who was floating knocked on my door and she wudnt speak but she just kept smiling. i just stood there and held her hand and then when i looked next to her my grandad (who died when i was 11yrs) was standing next to her waiting on the drive holding a candle. i believe that it was sum1's way of tellin me that she is being looked after and that my grandad is with her. xxxxx

kimheath said:
hi mine is a little different but i miscarried in 2002 and a few years later i had a dream where a little girl who was floating knocked on my door and she wudnt speak but she just kept smiling. i just stood there and held her hand and then when i looked next to her my grandad (who died when i was 11yrs) was standing next to her waiting on the drive holding a candle. i believe that it was sum1's way of tellin me that she is being looked after and that my grandad is with her. xxxxx

thats lovely babes - it must give you some comfort?!? :hug:

Alfiesmummy said:

arwww hun i had a tear in my eye reading this, it must give you some comfort knowing your little baby was saying goodbye to you!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back