Other half did it last night!!!

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
What a saint! My OH did the night shift of feeding last night. I express milk so there was enough for Imogen. he fed her at 10 pm and then again at 1.30 am - Imogen slept right through then til 6.45 am. meant I slept from 10.45 - 6.45 am - a full 8 hours... first time in months (beyond labour as i was always up for loo before that when pregnant).
Then I slept this morning too for an hour and half while Imogen slept..BLISS!!!!!! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Yesterday I think all the broken sleep caught up with me and I was comotosed ... even OH said I looked awful. That's why he volunteered to feed Imogen.

Wow what a difference sleep makes. I feel pretty good today. I really thought I would have trouble sleeping without Imogen in with me or keep waking expecting to hear her...but I was out for the count.... must have needed it bigtime. Also shows how much I trust OH and have every faith in OH to meet her needs. :D

Hoping this could be a regular weekly shift for OH :wink: so I can get some decent sleep. Only downside was my boobs were engorged this morning as I had missed a feed (I expressed at 10 pm when he fed her). But I expressed 5oz and was fine.

Not sure if this section should just be for moaning about OHs etc. but I just had to share this news.

thats brilliant, you'll feel much better and refreshed after a good nights kip. And its good that your oh is willing to help. xx :hug:

excellent news, what a nice OH u have! Glad u got some good kip lastnight, if I were u I would make it a regular thing haha!! :wink: :lol:

congrats to your other half! im sure he got some satisfaction out of doing it too! :) im hoping my partner will be as involved when my baby is born ha ha!

That's fab. My OH has volunteered to do the night feeds when he is on his days off - but he hasnt done one yet - no doubt it will change.

Enjoy your new found energy

XXX

He has done it once a week since then and it is bliss I can tell you. I must admit he is an absolute star and he does enjoy feeding Imogen. She looks at him so lovingly when he feeds her it must be hard for him not to enjoy it!

He even offered to do 2 nights on the trot this week, but I said it was ok, I find one night a week sets me back on track to feel half human again!!

x

Thats so sweet! Did you get a good nights kip?! How did he cope?! thats great!!! I hope mine will do the same for me when the time comes!!! Its good to hear a happy story here! :-D Yay! xx

Oh yes I got a good night's sleep.

Oh has done it regularly since, last time was Sunday and he slept downstairs with LO so I got 8 full hours again, then fed her, then we went back to sleep for another couple a hours.. soooooo good.

He copes really well with LO. He is brilliant with her and she really loves being with him. We have tried hard to co-parent as much as poss. My OH is student so he has a fair bit of time at home, so we can give LO quality time between us.

I might try for Friday night as my next night of uninterrupted SLEEP.... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back