OT - I'm sooo excited!!

Leah04x

Reaction score
Well, after my contract ending at work, and OHs work going a bit quiet, we thought there would be no chance at all in moving out before baby is here.. (We are currently living with OHs parents, which isn't ideal with a newborn baby, especially with all of us in one room)

After OHs work picking up a bit + my dad being an absolute babe and helping out, we have found a lovely little home and will be moving in this Friday! :dance:

So we've been frantically running round buying household bits and starting to pack up all of our stuff! Which has been an absolute nightmare, as neither me or my OH have lived away from our parents before which means buying absolutely EVERYTHING - sofa, white goods, the whole shabang..

I probably sound so sad haha, but I cannot wait to be able to set up my little boy's nursery (we've managed to get a newly built two bed house! :)).. I'm sure it's going to make my last 7 weeks of pregnancy fly by, putting together a home with OH ready for our new arrival!

Anyway, I'm rambling now - WAY too excited! Haha..

Is there any tips for making it a bit less stressful?
Or anything important I'm bound to forget?!

Any help appreciated!! :D
xxx

Congratulations! You'll be able to make the most of the 'nesting' feeling and make your new house into a home. It will also help time fly by and then you'll have your little boy with you to enjoy it even more.X

That's brilliant news! I think you're nesting may go into overdrive! X

Oh wow that's fab news!! Enjoy setting up a lovely home for ur LO to come back to :) xox

That's great news. Best thing to do is get yourself to asda and just go up and done the aisles, cheap as chips, I have two houses I rent out fully furnished and I found everything I needed there. Good luck with the move! Pooh your own new home! That is exciting !!! Xxx

Congratulations, good luck with getting everything ready. I remember our first house it was the little bits we forgot to buy like a mop and cutlery! x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Thanks lovelies!
At least I'll have something to keep me occupied :) xx

Congratulations!! Will be great being in your own place in time for LO's arrival. Enjoy! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Congratulations, how exciting for you!
Enjoy making your new home together and wishing you many happy times in it with your family. X

Congratulations how exciting! X

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Congrats, that's very exciting and will make the next few weeks fly by for you! We will be moving from a 1 bedroom flat to a 2 bedroom flat in September and I'm wondering how stressful it will be with a newborn baby but then I think how nice it's going to be having her own room. x

Sounds lovely! Enjoy your new home together the weeks will definitely fly by for you xx

Congratulations!!!

We moved into our current house in April and it was the packing up ready for the removal men that I found most stressful. But just remember to rest when you can - as exciting as it is (and as tempting!) try not to make too many demands on yourself!!!

But good luck - and have fun shopping for furniture and bits!!!

xxx

Congrats on the great news hun! :)
On the subject of buying things look on the net to see if you have a British Heart Foundation furniture shop near you. They sell everything from white goods to sofas in great condition at very low prices.
Just an idea but it could save you having to spend a fortune and going from shop to shop! xxx

I would say to get all your friends to help you move, have a nice pizza afterwards. Try and buy things on gumtree and use freegle to save money. Give yourself time to adjust to your new home. It's going to feel so different to where you were living before and just don't let it stress you out. Plan the flat how you'd like it to be most comfortable for you and the baby. I went through some of this because I got evicted from my old flat for complaining the roof had a hole in it and the boiler was leaking (2 months notice no reason). I rented furnished both times as it just seemed less stressful, but I guess your own furniture is always going to be more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back