• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Only Teething?

lisa31

Reaction score
Hi Girls :wave:

Hope you are all well. I have a little question.....

I am sure Heidi is teething. Snotty, runny nose on and off for around 2 months now, biting and trying to chew everything, dribbling - usual signs etc. But she is also pooing alot.

Today nursery told me she was had done a poo at every nappy change and I noticed a couple of nights previous we would give her her tea and she would almost poo it straight out. Its not like dirreoha (cant spell!!) its not runny - its still quite thick TMI??!! :oops:

I know that pooing is a common sign but yesterday she also had a rash (which on checking with a tumbler was fine) - and the rash has now gone. She has had this rash on and off for months and everytime I have taken her docs / emergency appointment at the hospital they tell me the same thing "she has a virus" - and it isnt a meninigitus rash.

It just seems to me she has a constant cold and now she has started pooing loads - is this just teething?????

L x

we have had that for the last few days. Lots of poo, and it is quite thick, runny and it stinks. Her nose has been running for the last month and we have teeth appearing so it could well be.

Hi Lisa

:wave:

Yeah it sounds like teething to me. Olivia had all those symptoms when she got her first botom two at 4 months.

If Heidi seems in distress I recommend Nelsons teething powders and bonjela.

Lucy

Sounds like teething. Could be a mixture of that and the cold. Jess had symptoms the same as you have described a few weeks ago and has had this lingering cold. I feel as though she has had it for ages .

I hope she feels better soon, its not nice and is a bit wearing on you too.

Hi Girls - thanks for that. :hug:

Also forgot to say that twice last week she projectiled vomited - but still ate her solids after (and drank more milk!!)

I was going to ring docs today (she has done 4 poos already and it is only 5.00pm!!! :shock: :shock: ) but I dunno - she just doesnt seem 'ill' -she is eating, playing and laughing as nonrmal - ok she doesnt normally poo like this (or be sick) - but I dont feel that it warrants a call to the emergency docs - NHS Direct will only tell me to phone them I know.

I am giving her cooled boiled water to make sure she isnt dehydrated then I have an appointment for myself at the Docs on Monday so I am going to take her with me then and ask about it - do you think its ok for me to leave it till then?

Jamie's pooing for England at the mo! He normally does a couple of normal solid ones then a really runny stinky one (which is highly amusing, he always giggles!!) I think its teething with him.

My friends 9 month old is the same just before a peg pops through!

Ella is the same she has been pooing loads the past few days it is a horrible yellow mustard colour! She has been quite whingey and unsettled and off her food so I think she may have either a tummy bug or teething

Hi Lisa

I got a text from a friend today (her wee girl is 11 months old) and she'd been to the out of hours doctor because the baby had done 8 poos each day for the past few days and had a slightly raised temperature, she just knew her little one wasn't herself. The doctor said she has a tummy bug and that she was to not give her any milk for 24 hours as this was just feeding the bug. The Doctor told her to give her coca cola!

I'm not saying wee Heidi has a bug but definately get her checked over by the docs just incase.

Lucy

Hi Lucy! :wave:

Oooh Coca Cola - there is NO WAY I would give Heidi that!!!!

Thank you though, for the info, - It is always appreciated. Her poo's have gone down now to around 3-4 a-day and she is biting and grabbing so I really do think it is teething - plus she didnt have a temp I was worried about (which says a lot for me, as I am constantly worrying!!! :? )

When I went Docs he said the same - just keep an eye on if she seems unwell / temp etc - so I feel satisfied she is ok.

Just waiting patiently for her first teg!

How are you? Olivia?????

Hope you are all ok.

Not been on here much - having problems with work - but still want to know how you are all getting on.

Love to hear from you soon

L x

Hi Lisa

I am logging off now but I'll send you a pm tomorrow to catch up!

Lucy x

Ok! Would be great to hear how you getting on!

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back