one tired mummy x ***updated***

linzi-x-

Reaction score
:wave: just a couple of questions about sleep.......

well firstly my daughter has always been a good sleeper..... until now that is.
she goes to bed at around 7pm (has since being 13weeks old) and goes straight to sleep.up until a week or so ago she would stay there until around 7am (asleep) then have a 2 hours sleep in the day and follow the same routine daily/weekly etc..........

the problem!!! she now wakes up around 3am until 5am,crying every 10mins or so then settles... repeatedly
For 2 hours :(
(last night was between 11pm and 3 am) 4 HOURS FGS!!

she has this ritual thing of throwin her dummy amd comfort rabbit out of bed. then cryin because she cant reach nor sleep without it.
Im tryin to keep to the same routine and sort it out, its just im tired from being awake through the night too, so tend to let her sleep a little longer.. :x (so i can ) i know i shouldnt but its hard...

has anyone else ever been through this type of thing or had sleep problems with there LO?
if so, how did you deal with it?
and did it sort out in the end?

thank you......

A Tired and Greatful Mummy xxx

xxx linzi xxx

Hi Linzi,

Flod will do 7pm - 7am provided she doesn't lose her dummy, because then she wouldn't be able to settle herself and she's wake up and cry (and we'd have to do 'the dummy run' as we called it, usually at 3am). The solution for us was to buy one of those dummy strap things (soother saver) that attaches to her sleeping bag. We never get woken up at all now.

Before that we tried the bumper (to stop the dummy being flung out of bed) and putting several dummies in her cot but neither of these worked.

Hope you get some sleep soon!!!

Ive tried both of those :( ... she now wont keep her sleepin bag on. i even tried putting it on back to front :rotfl: but then she just wriggles and gets stuck then cries, :rotfl: i tried attachin it to everthin, includin the pillow.... but guess what? out that comes too.
the bumpers are no good now as she stands up and throws it and shes got quite a throw on her too :rotfl: ive gone through 15 dummies one night :rotfl: and as its dark i cant see them :doh: xx

i just want to scream.............. :wall: :wall: :rotfl: xxxx

Sorry you are going throught this. Daniel always was a poor sleeper.

What I did with the dummy was to saw it onto his sleeping bag (I attached it to one of those fabric dummy holders). So now, no matter how hard he tried he cant get it out of his cot and he always knows that the dummy is there.

MAybe worth a try?

ive put her sleeping bag back on tonight, she kicked up a fuss but has eventually settled. ive put her dummy clip on to see if it makes a diference, :pray: but ive tried all these b4, and if she wakes up she cant move in her bag.... so gets frustrated.

to be honest its not the dummy thing im bothered about as it has always fallen out the cot but when i give it her back she went straight back to sleep!

its more to do with why all of the sudden has she startin wakin up? and why is she not goin back to sleep when waking xxxx :(

This is really strange!!! We are going through the exact same thing with our LO, even down to the details of the sleeping bag, dummy and rabbit comforter!!!!!!

I wish i had a solution for you, but if i figure anything out i'll let you know. Hope she sleeps for you tonight

xx

LinsG said:
This is really strange!!! We are going through the exact same thing with our LO, even down to the details of the sleeping bag, dummy and rabbit comforter!!!!!!

I wish i had a solution for you, but if i figure anything out i'll let you know. Hope she sleeps for you tonight

xx

hahaha, she loves her rabbit :rotfl: ......

thank you... :pray: she sleeps tonight. if i find a solution b4 you ill let you know too x

:dance: :dance: I SLEPT!!! XX :sleep: :sleep:

Yesterday i woke lexi at 7 in the mornin instead of lettin us both have extra time time in bed.....
so was able to stick to my normal routine.
I put her to bed at 10am for her nap and she went straight to sleep as always, I woke her at 12 rather than letting her wake herself so had only 2hours like she used too...

she was a little more whingy than normal probably due to lack of sleep on friday night but nothin major..
She went to bed at 6:50pm and she was fast asleep by 7pm..

THE BEST BIT.......
she stayed there.... no dummy throwing.... no rabbit throwing......no screamin.... no nothin.. just :sleep: :sleep:
she woke a couple of times but settled her self instantly no need for me to move :dance:
and around 7 this mornin she woke as normal, her bright cheery self.. big smiles and kisses :angel:

i just pray she does the same tonight xxx

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

She slept all night!!!!!!!!!

so did i !!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am so pleased for you hun. What a lovely feeling having had some sleep (for you and bubba!)
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

linzi-x- said:

so do i :wink: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
it's the late nights she had with leah that's done it :lol: :lol:

Kimbo said:
linzi-x- said:

so do i :wink: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

naughty naughty kimbo!!! and in a childrens thread too... wht will ppl think :rotfl: :rotfl:

o well at least i can keep to her routine next time...... :angel:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back