One op down....

Sherlock

Reaction score
Had the op on my back Friday last week. Now have a mass of stiches down my lower back and top of bum :shock: Am recovering well from it but lo yesterday while trying to get down to the floor and not stretch my stiches I put my back out.. badly :wall:

OH had to do more or less everything last night for Galen including the overnight stuff. Normally he sleeps through Galen's night time wakings but got the full works last night and was more or less awake from 3am onwards. As was I but unable to do anything other than feed Galen lying down. And did I mention the pain?! :shock: :shock: :shock: Farking hell the back pain was so bad I was almost screaming whenever I moved. Give me labour any day. Seriously. Hurt a hell of a lot less :shock:

Anyways, OH took the day off today as I simply could not pick up or carry Galen, let alone bend down or reach for anything :wall: :wall: :wall: Galen is such an active baby and on the go constantly so I'd not have coped on my own today. I feel awful I could not cope on my own though. I feel like I should. After everything I've been through you'd think I could manage for a day. Back is slightly better this evening but expecting it to be agony overnight along with not being able to lie on my back properly because of stiches.

So yeah, thats the picture atm.

I finally got a physio referral for my bladder :rotfl: Only 2 months after it was put in as being 'URGENT' by 2 different departments :roll:

I have a follow up with the Gyne in early January now and after that might have surgery for the bladder problem or delay it till after second baby happens. More likely to be the latter unless my bladder goes into meltdown before then.

Stitches out on Monday and I'll know in a few weeks if this op has worked. Fingers crossed it has and I won't ever have the problems I had after having Galen if/when another baby comes along.

Its been a loooooooooooooooooooong six months is all I know. Feels like a lifetime for all the wrong reasons.

But I have the most wonderful little boy who is a bundle of joy and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Bless your wee bum hun x x x x x x (pardon the pun x)

Kim x x x x x

:hug: :hug: :hug:

You take it easy, you shouldnt feel as though you should be doing everything. Take time to heal and dont do anything to strain yourself further. I know easier said than done especially with an active baby.

I do hope the op has worked and i cant believe you have only just got the referral through.

Take it easy :hug:

Sherlock dont try to be supermum and let your oh do it all for you hun, having been taking care of my oh who had major surgery a month ago i know how you must be feeling.

Let people take care of you, and galen, get yourself well or youl be no good to anyone!

When your better i have a mutt related question for you! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Get yourself better lady!

I was practically whincing reading this post hun, cant imagine the pain :(

Take care of yourself and I hope you heal very quickly :hug: :hug:

wishin u a speedy recovery sherlock, take care!! :hug: :hug:

aw take care of yourself hun, and take it easy :hug: :hug:

Fingers crossed the op has worked :D :pray:

You relax though and let your OH take over for a bit, you concentrate on healing :hug: It does sound very painful and I bet your OH is made up to be spending some quality time with his boy and spoiling you too :)

Thanks ladies :)

My back is slowly improving. I can't drive because of it atm and am having to walk places, which is normally fine but am walking far more slowly than normal :wall: Everything is taking double the time :roll:

Stitches are now just annoying me. I can't bathe or shower as getting the area wet is a big no no apparently. So ick ewwwww not had a shower in over a week :puke: OK I am having a through wash twice a day but its not the same :shakehead: Roll on Monday and having them out.

Both men in my life as asleep here I just realised. One in the basket on a pillow and the other on the floor with his iPod on :roll: Peace and quiet for half an hour :)

OH has been wonderful and done loads to help out. Alas Galen is waking lots at night atm as he is teething. Normally I'd see to him and OH really would not wake up unless LO is crying (but it never gets to that as I am always up like a shot and to his cot), so its a real shock to OH's system having to deal with baby in the night.

Still in temp housing as our house is still drying out. Hoping to be back in in two weeks now. If we go back then we'd have been out of our house for 6 weeks all up :shock:

Glad to hear your back is feeling better :hug:

And i really do hope you are back in your own home soon :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back