OMG My arms going to drop off!

Squiglet

Reaction score
Ok thats a tad mellodramatic... but I feel like it. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Its been really wet here... then its gone humid and hot again...and the mosquitos are breeding in their millions... I got savaged in several places but one little b^gger struck gold and got the vein in my elbow and now my whole elbow has blown up, its painful to move, touch, is RED HOT and really itchy... My whole arm is really. It will probably go by the time I can get an appointment to actually see a doctor.

I went to the chemist to get some anti-histamines, but they said I can't have anything like that at all because I'm breast feeding, then tried to sell me a 12€ tube of cream. I've tried vinegar (I'm opposed to weeing on it :talkhand: )....

So anyone got any ideas please before I take a knife and cut my arm off. :lol:

your own saliva is supposed to help :think:

what about boob milk too??!

calamine lotion? apparently baking soda with water (into a paste) is also supposed to be cooling...

ouchie - hope it feels better soon! :hug:

I got TOTALLY attacked when I was in Croatia (and Holland for that matter) this year. When we were in Croatia there was nowhere around to get antihistamines. I had 3 in one row on the back of my leg and the back of my leg was quite literally twice the size of the other. I wasn't for going to Croatian A&E but MIL found some bite stuff in her travel stuff - it was clove oil based. It worked really well but it's something you have to keep re-applying.

Not sure it's suitable if you're breastfeeding but it's a natural oil so might be worth a shot?

Hmmm boob juice and clove oil... Will try the boob juice tonight and the clove oil tomorrow (if I can find it) Thank you ladies... :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back