• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oliver Rhys - Birth Story

Emmerdale

Reaction score
Sorry it's taken a while to post this - we have been busy with lots of visitors so haven't had time to come on here and fill you all in on what happened!

On Thursday 7th September I woke up at 3.15am with period pain type cramps - couldn't get comfortable so got up and had a walk round for a while. After about half an hour the pain was getting worse so woke up my hubby to tell him that I thought something was happening with the baby. By 9.00am I was having fairly regular contractions but was so tired I wasn't timing them properly! I phoned the hospital delivery suite as by this time I had had a show - they said that as my waters hadn't broken yet and the contractions weren't that regular to wait and see what happened. At 11.00 by waters broke so I phoned the hospital back and they said to come in and be checked over. My bag wasn't packed so DH had to finish packing my bag and the baby's bag and also clear up before we left for the hospital - by now my contractions were about every 4 minutes and lasting for about 30 seconds! By the time we got to the hospital it was 2.30 and they had no delivery rooms available so I had to wait in the waiting room! My contractions were now every couple of minutes and were lasting about 45 seconds so was getting very tired! Eventually we got taken to a room at 3.30 and I got examined about 3.45 - when she checked I was already 8cm dilated!! :shock: I then started pushing about 4.50 and he was born at 5.59. I had no pain relief at all so was very proud of myself! I had a small tear so had to have some stiches but by 8.00 I was all done and showered and baby Oliver was all clean and dressed too. I got to the ward about 1am in the end and came home at 4.30 the next day. I am breastfeeding him and it's going really well and I now can't remember what life was like without him! :D

Photo is attached!

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/3976469

Bye for now

Love Em and Oliver

xx

Oh what a cutie! Well done you for no pain relief too :cheer:

That's a lovely birth story and Oliver is gorgeous :D

Love the name.... Oliver is our littles ones name too!

Jadie

aww what a perfect birth!!!

gorgeous lil amn too, loadsa hair, so cute :D

congratulations em he is absolutely gorgeous, what a stunner xxxx

Wow well done on the perfect birth
Congratulations and welcome little Oliver.
Such a little cutie.
xx

Wow he looks so much older than he is!

Well Done!

Fantastic hun..well done, hello Oliver!!

Your birth story was great well done for having him au naturel lol

Thanks everyone. I still can't believe I had no pain relief at all!!

xx

congratulations and well done hun, he is gorgeous

sarahxxx

me-23
oh-23
abigail-27/11/03
tia-11/12/04
jordan-24/12/05

Congratulations, well done you. Sounds like a perfect birth experience.

Can't believe you didn't have your bags packed!

Ah hun he is gorgeous! COngrats and well done to you !
What a perfect birth story.....yay!!! :dance:

Ah excellent news Em, welcome to the world Oliver. He is so adorable. How much did he weigh?

Congratulations Em. Oliver is so beautiful and I love him to bits!

You are an absolute star and are doing so well.

Look forward to seeing you soon :hug: xxxxxx

Congratulations and well done (even if you did steal the birth I wanted!!) Oliver is bee-u-tiful!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back