• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ok.. im sorry to be a pest.. but i need help lol

lisa&alex

Reaction score
went to get teddie weighed today and hes put on 4oz this week :cheer: my problem is...

hes getting really frustrated at my boobie.. he woke up 6 times last night screaming.. wouldnt go on my boob i had to get up and come downstairs to try to feed him.. he would go on for about 10 mins then go bk to sleep.. id go bk up to bed abnd an hour later we would have the same thing..

he had a bottle this morn. then we went to hosp to be weighed.. then to bf support.. the bf mw said his possitionings not right but he wouldnt let her adjust it.. he jsut screamed at me for moving him.. hes getting really really pissed off at my boob.. i fed him 2 times from 9.30-1 and came home and hes just had a massive hissy fit at my boob.. so i made him a bottle..

now.. my problem is.. i told the bf mw that im struggling and im close to quitting..and she said see if i can get this domperidom on perscription (again stupid gp's!) to try and boost my milk coz its not satisfying him.. if they will not give it to me then to wean him with baby rice.. carry on bfing (coz of the anti bodies) and give him 1 formula a day..

im pulling my hair out.. i dunno what to do.. part of me is thinking yeah.. carry on the way im going.. boobie feed and 2 bottles a day.. and another part of me is really frustrated that he is frustrated and im doubting myself! i dont want to wean him yet.. i just dunno what to do :(

not sure if i can offer any useful advice hon, but just wanted to let you know that you've got support here whatever you decide to do.

bf-ing is definitely the hardest thing i've ever done and i've realised that there is no right or wrong, just what's best for each mummy & baby.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

It could be that it hurts him to chew because hes teething... is one side any better to another?

I really admire your determination. Good on you :hug:

no hes just a complete pain in the ass.. really trying to perseveer. but my god its hard :(

lisa&alex said:
no hes just a complete pain in the ass.. really trying to perseveer. but my god its hard :(

lil miss fusses at the boob too... it depends what she's feeling like... I don't know why she does it.... Its nothing to with bottles etc..... she's just WAY to interested in the world.. and is easily distracted by anything around her. She started to "chat" to me when feeding now... and its so sweet when she coos at me, but she's not supposed too.. :wall: :wall: :wall:

To be honest I think your midwife is talking nonsense about your milk not satisfying him. It is more likely he is getting nipple confusion due to the bottle and breast.

I'm sorry i don't know your history or why he has a bottle...so it is hard to say what's for the best. I know most babies do get fussy at the breast, especially when they're either too hungry or not quite hungry enough.

I'd try to cut down the botles and offer the breast more. it is easier to drink out the bottle and he may just be frustrated his sucking isn't getting the milk as easy as usual.

I am sure he is not being a pest at all, he looks adorable!

SL

If you need to boost your milk, i would suggest fenugreek tablets, not medication. I used it when Ani started fussing at about 18 wks, and it helped a lot. She is still feeding in the evening, and at the time i was close to giving up...Hope you can work thru this, hun, it is hard work, but well worth it.. good on you for trying, whatever the outcome.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

just a few of these :hug: :hug: :hug:

hang in there, it sounds like a lot of babies do the same, hope you get through it soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back