• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oh why oh why am i not ov

heggie10

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Ok had Af on 2nd march down from 50 days to 35 days which i think is good but anyways have been using ov kits since 14th march and haven't got one single smilie face. Is it possible not to ov at all. really worried that something is wrong. Could some of ye fine ladies help me with my query.

I think the best for you would be to try ov tests from the day you stop your period untill you get another period. Then you should find out when you ov!
Not everyone ovulates in the middle of cycle as the books say.

The best of luck for you next month!

could be another long cycle - in your 50 day cycle, you 'probably' ovulated around day 36. You're on day 23 right now so it could still be a little while off.

I'd say keep trying.

My cycles drop to about 35 days every so often, stay there for a few months then go back up again - I feel your frustration, but don't give up yet

Hi graci

Thanks for the reply. Ya will do that from now on. Need to buy lots of ov kits

I used the internet cheapie OPK's only last month, they drove me nuts because I never got a clear OV from them. I'm still using them this month but am also using a Persona kit and charting my temps. I hope by doing this I will build a cleraer picture of what my body is doing and when.

Hi scotchegg

Ya it so frustrating very morning doing the kits & getting a empty circle. That nearly worse why cant they put something else in its place i feel like a empty circle very time i see it. Everywhere i go now all i see is babies, pregrant women etc didn't notice before. Was watching eastenders the other day where all the men were in the laundette & one of them said 'you don't become a man until you know what is it like to have a son/daughter' i just cried cause keep think maybe thats how my hubby feels and i don't want him to feel like that. All our friends are expecting babies and they got married after us.

Things are just so hard. Sure i thought once i came off the pill i would get pregnant straight away

oh honey it can be rubbish can't it.

how long have you been trying? and what things have you tried?

oh girls,

im really :pray: for ye! i just started using opks this month, but mostly i'm just trying to wing it!! (don't seem to be working though)

our bodies seem to turn against us the day we start ttc!

don't let it get ye down! i know it is soooooooo hard but if ye get stressed it delays the process even more!

FX for you! i'm really :pray: for you!

:hugs: :friends: x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Haven't tried anything really don't want to put my body through anything incase it has other effects. What do ya recmond

i was thinking in terms of monitoring and getting to know your cycle

temperatures/checking cervical mucus/etc

Haven't tried the temperature thing yet as i get up at different times. As for the mucus haven't noticed anthing different at all with it

Are u doing an opk more than once a day? It cud be its not picking it up when u do it? I use the cbfm in the mornings which it advises u do but I also do a cheapie opk in the evening as well. With the cheapies, i can see the lines gradually getting darker so i know in heading towards ov. Maybe get urself some of those and test twice a day?

If you wana increase your chances of getting pregnant keep trying every 2-3 days. This way it's more likely to get pregnant as sperm can live in your body for few days, so when your egg is released there will be sperm waiting for it.
The very best of luck to you and other ladies who are still trying

P.S you can sign up for this http://www.pregnant-get.com/fastsquidoo.html( i did and i thought it was useful)...And there is an e-book of Beth Kiley ''Personal Path to Pregnancy'' where she explains what everyday things can lower your chances of getting pregnant.

well i never experienced this but my friend was in the same problem too..she tried some product, it works and now she's all happy.
i hope you too will find the solution. :think:

Hi Hun,

I used to have long cycles, 38 days and OV was CD25.

I used to use the Smiley faces but now I use the Cheapies, If you look in the OPK gallery at my sticks you may be able to compare to yours

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/opk-testing-gallery/148341-my-wtf-opks-never-think-you-have-sussed.html

OV is 14 days before the end of your cycle, on the boots ones I have just bought it says if you are regular then test from when you would from your shortest ever cycle and keep testing til you get a surge.

Keep testing Hun and you should see a surge soon.

Good Luck!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back