Oh SH*T!!!!!!! UPDATE AGAIN PG 4

This is what they are showing on the news

f4814bf5-39b3-4fab-a5d0-acf67ad3fa49.jpg

It is fookin' huge!

Pretty much all of the area is on manditory evacuation!

DebbieM said:
Do they live there or are they on hols?

They live there.

I just did this to show you how close they are :(
f4814bf5-39b3-4fab-a5d0-acf67ad3-1.jpg

They just said they rekon that there will be water surges of anything between 16-22ft high on the coast.

Geesh that is huge! :shock: Hope they're all ok hun :hug:

My brother is getting married in Cuba in May and my whole family are going except us, it's worrying to think things like this are going on there. So many people effect. Can't begin to imagine how we would cope here if something like that came our way.

JEEZE!!!!

that thing is HUGE!!!

I really hope they are all ok :hug:

that's one big storm :shock: :shock:

i really hope they're ok hon - and everyone else in it's path :pray: :pray:

Oh hun you must be really worried- i hope it'll be ok- the other hurricane that was heading to new orleans was a catogory 3 and it lost strength when it headed inland by the time it hit land it was a cat 1..everyone was evacuated and stuff too so lets hope it loses strength! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Well, my inlaws are now up in Houston as they dont think the storm will hit the city until Sun so will move then if needed.

Galveston is pretty much flooded all ready as the waves are 15-17ft high and crashing over the seawall.

One silly family decided not to leave and according to the news the family are stuck on their roof and it is too dangerous for the emergancy services to even try to get in to them :(

The storm has still to hit land, they are expecting it to hit between 11pm-midnight US time (5am-6am UK), so it has sped up as they were saying 1am for ages.

I think there house is going to be screwed! I have been up on and off most the night watching it.

If you have had on Sky News, they keep mentioning Clear Lake, well my inlaws are close to them, if we lived their Arianna would go to Clear Lake Schools.

We were in Florida in 2004 when Hurricane Charlie hit (it hit us on the 13th, Tia's birthday was the 15th, but she still got her Cinderella birthday dinner :) ), it was the first time in years that the Disney resort had closed... it was a cat 3 storm and it was pretty scary stuff, although the storm wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... still scared the bejesus out of me, and the sheer panic of people hoarding food and drink, that wasn't needed in the end. The damage was immense. However, it wasn't the size Ike is... I hope your IL's are ok hun,... give them all my hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I know how scared they must be and my DH says he knows how you must feel being stuck in the UK as he was :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Squiglet said:
We were in Florida in 2004 when Hurricane Charlie hit (it hit us on the 13th, Tia's birthday was the 15th, but she still got her Cinderella birthday dinner :) ), it was the first time in years that the Disney resort had closed... it was a cat 3 storm and it was pretty scary stuff, although the storm wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... still scared the bejesus out of me, and the sheer panic of people hoarding food and drink, that wasn't needed in the end. The damage was immense. However, it wasn't the size Ike is... I hope your IL's are ok hun,... give them all my hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I know how scared they must be and my DH says he knows how you must feel being stuck in the UK as he was :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

We were there in 1995 when Orlando was hit by a hurricane and the resort was closed. First Hurricane to hit central Orlando area for about 10 years. They had evacuated everyone from the south of the state and they had all fled to Orlando only for the hurricane to change course - it was complete mayhem. Always had a fasination with huricanes since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back