Oh NO!!! What am I going to do...Hellllp!

Squiglet

Reaction score
DH's very posh, formal, upper class grandmother is in town.... I think she's a lovely lady and she treats Tia like she is her real blood great granddaughter... So its not that I don't like her... but she's coming over for dinner...and I don't like cooking but I will be expected to make a fantastic meal on minimal budget... Help me!!!!!!!!!!! What am I going to do...what am I going to cook... HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Its got to be a posh dinner too.. with dessert! Omg omg omg !!!! Its on FRIDAY!!!

Squig is not a domestic goddess in the kitchen! :shakehead:

Chicken stuffed with Feta and sundried tomatoes wrapped in Bacon served with warm bread and a greek salad

REEEEAAALLLLLLY easy to make and uuuuber yummy

Hmm i'd fake it but it could be expensive getting a takeaway from a restaurant- is there anything you've made before that you'd feel comfortable with making? dont try and make something really complicated that you arent familiar with because its more likely to go wrong. have a look for some simple but yummy looking recipes online maybe!!

fran_23 said:
Hmm i'd fake it but it could be expensive getting a takeaway from a restaurant- is there anything you've made before that you'd feel comfortable with making? dont try and make something really complicated that you arent familiar with because its more likely to go wrong. have a look for some simple but yummy looking recipes online maybe!!

er...toast?

Some how Lovely lentil moosh might not go down so well :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Do you have a recipe SarahH

SarahH said:
Chicken stuffed with Feta and sundried tomatoes wrapped in Bacon served with warm bread and a greek salad

REEEEAAALLLLLLY easy to make and uuuuber yummy

Can i come to your house for dinner please?? :rotfl:

Squiglet said:
Do you have a recipe SarahH

Erm, it's one of those I made up as I went along. :lol:

Ingrediants
Chicken Breasts steaks
Streaky Bacon
Feta Cheese (Crumbled)
Basil (chopped)
Sundried Tomatoes (chopped)
Salt & Pepper
a little water

Method
Mix the feta, chopped basil and chopped sundried tomatoes in a bowel (you can add a little olive oil if it is too dry)

Take the chicken breast steaks add a little of the cheese mixture and roll up,
wrap the streaky bacon round the chicken to completely covering the chicken

Brown in a pan and then add to an oven proof dish with a small amount of water to stop the chicken drying out, bake for about 20min at 200c

Cooked chicken from Tesco with something. Tesco fresh cheesecake for pudding. Is that posh enough? That would be posh in our house :lol: .

Squiglets in spain..she'll have to pop to her local supermercado! shame you don't live near my grandparents they have a nice restaraunt i could have got her to make you something!

The poshest thing I can do is chicken breast wrapped in bacon stuffed with boursin and served with a sauce made from the white wine it cooked in and more boursin (cheese with herbs).

I tried one of Sherlocks recipes that she posted on here a while back and OMG it was scrummy.

It was a lemon chicken thing... I will go search!

what about a good old traditional roast dinner. with a cheesecake for afters, or perhaps just let Tia help you prepare the pudding then it doesnt have to be anything to fussy.

good luck x

SarahH said:
I tried one of Sherlocks recipes that she posted on here a while back and OMG it was scrummy.

It was a lemon chicken thing... I will go search!

I can't find it :( Maybe PM Sherlock for the correct recipe, but basically it was chicken with lemons squeezed over it while cooking, a splash (or two!!) of wine then add cream at the end and I served it with rice and green beans.

If it were me i would change plans and arrange to go to a nice restaurant for a meal.

Failling that what about some pate(pack from supermarket) and toast for a starter or soup(tin) with fresh warm bread, then salmon in hollandaise sauce(packet) with some green beans and dauphinoise potatos(sachet).

buy a gateaux for pud.

do they have an equivalent M&S in spain? cheat, i say!

We have an Iceland :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Looks like they are going to get defrosted pasties for dinner..

Although Sarah's recipe looks easy enough... :think: Might do a cheese cake for dessert... :think: I can actually make them :lol:

What is it with visitors to spain this week? I have my MIL, FIL, and brother in law and wife for lunch tomorrow (and they are real posh too) - the relationship is a bit cool, i get on with parents in law but barely know brother...not good relationship with OH. I invite them last week and OH immediately gets night shift job and will manage to miss meal completely (perfect excuse not to speak to your brother ...you need to sleep!) Anyway, thank god i can cook...only domestic thing i can do, really :lol: It's gonna be homemade lasagna and i am still thinking on desert. The reason its lasagna is that it is relatively cheap to make and my kids will not make faces! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I really feel for ya Squig, hope the meal is a success!

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back