Oh My Dear God I'm Pregnant !!

kimisgirl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I will formally introduce myself in the newbie section in a bit but right now I need my mind putting to rest...... For reasons I will post elsewhere I am sure (don't want to bore you all with the history right now) ..... I am in total disbelief that I've had 2 BFP's ......

(over the last 4 years of TTC = History Of pcos, Hubby told less that 5% decent sperm, one child naturally 5 years ago, 6 months clomid, metformin and allsorts but nothing worked)

Had my last AF 1st dec cycles are anywhere from 29 days to about 7 weeks but recently mailnly about 31 days. so while away at Mums for New Year thought nothing of the fact that day 28 came and went with no AF, but then I suddenly came down with Cystitis and thrush and boobs got really sore, still thought nothing of it. been having those AF is about to arrive any minute now pains for about 8 days, and really bad lower back pain. Decided to do test today just for the fact that still no sigh Of AF and am on prozac and nexium so was a bit worried might have an infection.....

Could not believe it when it was a BFP .... did another one and same result. Went to see Dr, and just to give you an idea of how much shock I'm in, she actually asked me if I wanted to go ahead with the preg as I looked like I didn't want to ..... Oh Hello we've been trying for 4 years, I've been told our only hope is ICSI and you want me to just accept the fact the I'm Pregnant ??????

Oh God, see I've rambled now and I really didnt want to....

so anyhow I'm just a bit concerned about the AF like pains that are pretty much 24/7 and have been, I'm almost afraid to move in case it arrives. Dr has given my a canestan pessary to treat the thrush which is not really bad, is more like cystitis really feel quite ouch in opening to vagina ....

Please tell me this is normal ???

First of all a BIG BIG CONGRATULATIONS you must be over the moon (and proberly very emotional lol)

Also I got thrush about 5 days before I got my BFP it was made me feel like I had a bladder infection my doc gave me a canestan pessary to and it cleared it right up, but yes it can be quite normal, oh the joys of pregnancy :D

Welcome to the forum, beware this place is additive so you better get a comfy chair, hope you have a lovely pregnancy.

xSuzx

Hello there hun and CONGRATULATIONS on your news. I remember I kept having pains when I first fell pregnant. As if I was going to have a period but I never did. Try not to get stressed out & relax as much as possible

Congratulations again xx

just wanted to say a big congratulations hun!!!!

Wow! That really is fantastic news!
You must be over the moon!
Congratulations! :dance:

WOW! CONGRATULAYIONS :cheer:
How amazing you must be thrilled!!
Try not to worry about the pains I had them for weeks and I was sure my period was on its way and could not beleive I was pregnant! I was at the toilet every 2 minutes checking if my period had come!!
Have a happy and healthy pregnancy you sure deserve it!!

:shock:

Your story sounds just like mine except we have been trying for 3 years not 4,
People keep asking me why i'm not excited i am i'm just in deep shock so i know EXACTLY how you feel,

:hug:

Congratulations :dance:

The cramps you are getitng are relatively normal, the only time you would need to be concerned is if they are severe and/or accompanied by blood or smelly greenish discharge.

If your worried though your doctor can set your mind at rest, thats what thye're there for after all!

Best of luck to you and welcome to the forum, it is totally addictive as everyone here is so wonderfully supportive and full of wisdom :D

Congratulations, that's fantastic news! :cheer: :cheer:

I can't give you any advice about the pains, but it sounds like its pretty normal, try and relax, like GGG said see you doctor if it gets worse or even just to put your mind at rest.

Good luck and hope you have a happy pregnancy. If you need a gab just get on here and there will be lots of friends to talk to, everybody is very supportive. You'll be addicted! :hug: :hug:

Take care and welcome to the forum. :wave:

Thanks you everyone. It's great to know I'm not abnormal, and yes FeeFee it is total shock thats making it difficult to be excited just yet. I'm so crap I don't even believe the two BFP's I had yesterday and keep telling DH I won't be happy until I've heard the official BFP from Dr's on Monday.....God it's going to be a long weekend.

Jools, Thats the worse thing, I'm surprised DH hasn't moved the bed into the bathroom yet, I keep going missing every now and then to check ... LOL

CONGRATS HUN! whats does it feel like to stand on top of the world?! :cheer:

congrats hun :D dont worry about the cramping its quite normal i had it on this pregnancy and my last 1 till about 8 weeks pregnant xxxxxxx

What wonderful news :hug: We had been trying for 4 years for my son and had finally been told we had no chance then bam it happened. I was hospitalised as they thought I was having another ectopic the pain was so bad but hey ho he's now here nearly 4 months old and gorgeous. Congratualtions hun you deserve it xx

Just wanted to say massive CONGRATULATIONS :cheer: you must be delighted, here's wishing you a very happy and healthy 40 weeks....hope you enjoy the forum, I've made some very lovely friends....take care...xxxx

Hi

Wow congradulations thats great news, and the period type pains are normal , so not to worry
Katrina

congratulations!! :cheer: :dance:

i think its pretty normal to have period pains quite alot in the first few wks

Thank you all, I've had the official BFP from the Dr's and I literally cried, I just can't believe it. I'm trying my best to relax now and enjoy it. Can't wait until 12 week scan, esp for DH as he missed Rileys.

Ahh bless you! Get used to the crying you have plenty more of that to come....every scan I've had I wanna cy!!!
Also wanna cry at almost anything some days just for the sake of crying! Hormones are crazy things!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back