• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oh... my... actual...GOD

Princess81

Reaction score
Ok
So... Some of you may have read the (rather amusing a diverse) thread on me going to get a diaphragm measurement today. :eh:

So, appointment is at 0935 which is not ideal for me on a late shift :sleep: but I was pleased to have been squeezed in.

Not called into the room until friggin 1040 - by which time I'm already pretty pissed about it :evil:

So I'm kind of wary about the whole thing tho toffeepops made me feel a whole pile better and laugh quite a lot :rotfl:- anyhoo I go in and explain what I would like.

To be told by the dr "oh errrrm this isn't a cop-out but (so it's clearly a feckin cop-out) :mad: I've not measured for one of them for over a decade" - there's me thinking "you're a friggin doctor earning a friggin fortune, you can I'm sure remember how to measure my fanjita"!

She then went onto tell me that they had binned their measuring rings cause it's so out of fashion to have a diaphragm these days :shock: - sorry didn't realise there was fashion for contraception - i'm clearly behind with the times :shock:.

Sooooo she's told me the best thing to do is contact the family planning clinic.

So I'm like thanks for feckin nothing. Walk out and get straight on the phone to the family planning clinic. To be told again, "yes love it's very unusual to want a diaphragm these days" just get me a feckin measurement for a feckin diaphraghm.:shakehead:

She wanted to know what pill/how long etc I'm like 13 years on different ones, would like a bubba next yr and to get preggers later on this yr plz and thot it sensible to stop my pill now to give it chance to get out my system - she said and I quote: "the pill is out your system in 24-48 hours, you should be back to normal straight away you should just carry on taking it until you are ready ttc unless you'd like to get pregnant now" I then had to explain how o/h off to war and stuff and how now would be the worse time EVER to get pg, but want to prep the bod for it- she should read this forum and see how long it takes to get back to normal after the pill.

So after all that I got my bloody appointment - 1930 on Mond.:wall2::wall2:

Maybe I'm old and cynical but is that not just a bloody disgrace when all i'm trying to do is be sensible (which is a miracle in itself) :rotfl:

Rant over
Jx

Princess - that is utter rubbish of them! :hug: I know it's not the "contraceptive of choice" but it's STILL a choice! Goddammit.

So sorry you went through that...what a pain! Could be worth asking about the Mirena coil, though...it comes out MUCH easier than it goes in ;)

er, does the merina coil still give you hormones?? I just wanted to be "me" for a while, get to know my cycle and stuff. My mum took ages getting pregs with me and I wanted to be an expert on my ovulation etc. hence wanting to use barrier contraception.

Anyhoo got me appt on Mon so watch this space hehe!

OMG it's doing big snow here! Gonna be car crash central at work today :-(

Oh my, I cant beleive that! I totally understand why you want to stop the pill. I hated having hormones being wierd in my body, I dont feel right on it, and it worries me that they havent been used for that long. I dont like the idea of not ovulating for so long, I mean, they'd let you stay on it for decades if you wanted. I wonder whats gonna happen to all our menopause? I hate medical professionals who read a fact in one book and then totally ignore common bloody sense and tell you you're wrong.

The world would be a better place if more people were sensible about contraception. if you want to use a barrier method that is your choice! Who CARES what fashion is in?! You dont see contraception down the catwalk at london fashion week!

Husband just said to me "Oh, so is Diaphragm not the colour option this season? Interesting..." :rofl:

The Mirena releases a small amount of progestogen into JUST the womb lining in incredibly small doses.

It's worth looking up as there is a lot of information available about it Mirena UK is possibly the best site for details.

Cheers, I'll check it out. I know its a good job its not all dumbasses in the medical profession or we'd be in deep poop x

Did just look at it there and I think that it would be my preferred long term option.

Just a thought :oooo:, I'm gonna be celibate for 6 monts from march so i'll hardly get caught out then lol :rofl:

O/h has alredy said DNA all the way, charming.

That is crazy how stupid both of them were :shock:

what a load of bull! It can take ages to get pregnant after coming off the pill coz it ruins your cycle.

As for the marina coil, took me 5 months to get AF after i had it removed but i did get pregnant on that 1st cycle. I'm going for the marina again after i've had this baby xx

what a load of bull! It can take ages to get pregnant after coming off the pill coz it ruins your cycle.

As for the marina coil, took me 5 months to get AF after i had it removed but i did get pregnant on that 1st cycle. I'm going for the marina again after i've had this baby xx

It took you 5 months? :shock: I was told it would be back to normal "now" :(

Crap...

Aye 5 month, but as soon as i got my first period, i got pregnant. It was hell waiting for the :witch: to come xx

I was on Cerazette for a couple of weeks. Took me two months to get back to normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back