off her milk....should I be worried?

claireyfairey

Reaction score
The last few days I haven't been able to get Isla to take her bottles properly. She's a little bit constipated but has been for a long time due to Gaviscon. It hasn't bothered her too much recently, and the last 2 weeks or so she has been taking 6 - 8oz bottles. Since Friday though I have only managed to get her to take about 4oz at a time which is naturally quite worrying.

She seems fine in herself but is just totally not interested in her milk. She's already a small baby and I'm anxous that she doesn't lose any weight. I don't know what to do :?

Can anyone help? Cheers,

C xxx

ETA Just thought I would add that she's also started waking up earlier, instead of about 8/8.30am she is now awake at 6.30am....don't know if this could be connected?

Hi hun :wave:

Could Isla have just finished a four month growth spurt perhaps? I know that babies often start eating less after a growth spurt. It sounds good that she is fine in herself though :hug: Hopefully she will increase her feeds over the next couple of days :hug:

Mildly said:
Hi hun :wave:

Could Isla have just finished a four month growth spurt perhaps? I know that babies often start eating less after a growth spurt. It sounds good that she is fine in herself though :hug: Hopefully she will increase her feeds over the next couple of days :hug:

Thanks for replying hun, been stressing all day about this :hug: :hug: :hug:

Actually it's quite possible she may be coming out of a growth spurt. She was draining 8 ounce bottles a few times over the past 2 weeks and it did seem to shoot up quite dramatically.....maybe she is just genuinely not hungry :think: I don't know. It's upsetting either way :(

Dylan went through a faze of this and i (like you) was naturally worried. Im sure her waking up warlier is probably connected to the fact that she is taking less bottles through the day (as Dylan was also doing this).

I spoke to the HV about it and she advised that he had prob just had a growth spurt and no longer needed what he was having.

As i say, it was a fze and he soon went back to taking more ozs.

I know its worrying for you but just take her lead for now :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back