odds of having 2 missed miscarriages

gerb

Reaction score
does anyone know how likely/ unlikely this is
i have my first scan thursday and just wondering as i had a mmc before does it make me more likely to have this type of loss again??
thank you

Hi Gerb,

To be honest never beeen in this position but wanted to wish you all the best for Thursday. :hug: :hug:

I have had m/c's and i know that the stats are 1:4 that you m/c early but as far as mmc have no idea.. could you ask your GP or Midwife for advice before Thursday?

Well i will keep everything crossed and wish you both luck.. hoping all is well for you.

Take care
kathy x :hug:

I remember googling for this before I went for an early scan. I think I found the incidence rates are qite low and there's supposedly nothing which means once you've had one you'll have another. I bet it'll be great news.

All the very best for your scan. I did a fair bit of reading when I had my m/c (not totally sure about mm/c but think they are much the same odds) and the chance of it happening again is pretty low.

I was told at the EPU they are fairly rare -I know they don't seem it on the forum, but that was what they said. They also said risks are much reduced once they have seen a heartbeart, so I hhope you are reassured on thursday.
:hug:

Good luck for your scan don't know about risk rates but hopefully scan will show good news and will reasure you! :hug:

thanx girls i forgot i posted this!
scan was good baby didnt really look like a baby but it had a heartbeat :)
baby was 11.9mm and they said the odds of mc after a hb and at this size are 2%...however my last baby measured 23.9mm so i presume did have a hb at some point :(

anyway i feel less pessimistic and have another scan at nearly 11weeks, i really just want to get over the 12weeks mark so i can relax

do u think theyd use the next scan to count as a 12w scan or are they likely to want to do another one??

thanku all xx

Hi Gerb

I know exactly how you feel as I am in the same position after missed miscarriage in December. My Dr referred me to the hospital for a scan last week after I started getting some pains. I saw my baby too and it also had a heartbeat :D .

I'm not sure whether they will give you another scan or not at 12 weeks. I know that because of my early scan at 8 weeks the midwife has said that they will not do one now until 20 weeks :eek: . Because we are going on holiday to America in my 12th week we have decided to book a private scan for week 11 just for peace of mind. Mind you its expensive at £95 but I think it will be money well spent.

Just wanted to say a hb at 9 weeks is fantastic!

Easier said then done but try not to worry and congrats!

xxx :hug:

thanks grils :) :)
i guess its hard to not be anxious!
petal- they sent me thru a scan date anyway- not sure if they meant to or not but i have one in 2weeks so i will be nearly 11weeks, hope ur scan is all ok and u have a good holiday
good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back