O rhs neg?

laurat

Reaction score
Hi I had an early miscarriage at 6 weeks last week. I am a big reader and even before the m/c I knew that as my blood type is O rhs negative and my husband is positive there may be complications. Mainly in a second pregnancy.

However many books and I now argue that when I hopefully get pregnant again it should count as a second so feel that I should get the preventative jag now. I spoke to the m/w who I think was surprised that I knew so much and she went away to check. She came back and said as it was before 12 weeks they dont give it anymore. She said that a lot of people dont even know there pregnant at this point.

Well I did and feel I should get it just incase. I wonder if it is another money saving excercise with the NHS. Dont prevent until something goes wrong. Anyone know anything abour this or had the jag?

Hey hun, i had a MMC at 11 weeks and D&C, baby had developed to 7 weeks.

After the surgery i was given the Anti-D jab as i have B Rhesus neg blood group. I'm not sure if the same applies for a natural miscarrage. I would double check this with your doctor.

Well that blows her theory that you dont get it under 13 weeks. Unless its to do with the d&c. Im not happy though so Im questioning it again on Tues when I go in again. Ill also ask my close friend who is a doctor. He will give me yhe truthful answer if its a cost cutting thing. Ill even pay if I have to. Ive been right about everything so far. The loss of symptoms and the doctor ignored me! Bleeding the next weekend and in A&E! Miscarriage as I just knew! All i wanted was my levels checked or an early scan. Would still have been the same outcome but a day in A&E avoided!

sorry you have had a bad time, when i had my blood grouping done when mmc was confirmed i got a card through the post saying that if i had bleeding during pregnancy i would have to get another jab too, hope you get some answers, let us know how you get on

Heya hun, I had 3 m/c before this baby, and I'm o rh negative, I am afraid that they will not give u the jab before 12 weeks as with this baby I bleed every few weeks, but now I'm nearly 26 weeks has been hard but u will get there in the end x

Also u shuda had the jab after ur first baby, and you can request a blood test to check ur anti-bodies to see if you need the jab as that normally tells you and they often go by that

26 weeks thats great news! Congratulatioms. Were the m/c and bleeding linked to you being O rhs negative? Should I be worried?

Hi I also am O rhs negative. Had MMC at 10 weeks, baby had developed to 6 1/2 weeks. I had d&c and got Anti D jab straight after. My sister is same blood group and is due her 1st baby next week with no complications throughout the pregnancy. :)

Hope you get your answers next week. xx

26 weeks thats great news! Congratulatioms. Were the m/c and bleeding linked to you being O rhs negative? Should I be worried?

tbh they was very early like six weeks so didnt get tested, but the bleeds i had with this one has nothing to do with my blood group its because i have a low placenta and when it was inbedding the blood came out quicker if you get me? i surgest you ask for a blood test to check ur anti-bodies and keep trying and dnt worrie thats the worse thing you can do as your stressing your body, you will get there :)

Sorry elaboration on that was my dr friend said u need to ask but u should get the anti d jag!

Im also O rhesus negative and as far as im aware in event of mc you get the jagand then in future pregnancy you get it at the normal 28 weeks. xx

Sorry i dont have any advice but hope you get a better from repsonse from your doctor on tuesday xxx

Well back from the epu and they are adament that I dont need the anti -d shot as it was a complete misscarriage and I had no d&c. They showed me their laminated guidelines that show it. Dont know if Im just being paranoid and should just let it lie!

I have had 2 miscarriages before 13 weeks, first one I lost at 5weeks, 2nd one was a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks, baby developed to 7. I'm Rhesus A negative. In my third pregnancy which was successful I had the anti-d jab at 28 weeks.

Different health authorities may do it differently though, I live in NE Derbyshire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back