NVQ help - questions - can you answer them?

MissGobby

Reaction score
god i hate this - my tutor is coming tomorrow and i have to answer my 'health and safety' questions - which i cant do im crap at owt like this.

any chance some of you lovely ladies wanna help me answer then?!?

i will warn you though - there are quite a few :lol:

5. What is the difference in evacuating the building when there is a bomb threat?

9. What are the maintenance requirements for fire extinguishers?

12. What items you use ever day, may be harmful to you and others? ( I am a receptionist/secretary)

13. What jobs you do every day, may be harmful to you and others?

14. What would you classify as high and low risk?

28. what are your basic responsibilities as an employee under the Health and Safety at Work Act?

29. what are the employer’s responsibility?

31. what working practices can you think of that do not confirm to health and safety regulations?

32. what environmental factors can affect Health and Safety at work?

36. what is an example of a security risk?

39. how do you deal with sensitive information?

40. how do you know how to work equipment?

41. why should you read manufacturer’s instructions?

42. what do you do if the manufacturer’s instructions conflict with Company Policy?

43. what are the policies in place regarding the disposal of waste papers or toner?

44. why is this important?

47. if you suspect a colleague was under the influence of drugs or drink what would you do?

48. why is it important that these regulations are followed?

49. what factors affect your health and safety when moving items?

THANK YOU :D

Has your work got a health and safety manual? it should have and all the answers will be in there hun! i am a student social worker and started my workplacement about 8 weeks ago and i had to do this and i got all my answers out of their health and safety manual. HTH xxxxx

dunno -dont think so, we wernt told/shown anything to do with H&S when i arrived here - can you answer them then Kim? :) :cheer: :D

Ive been waiting for a chance to grab our H&S manual when my boss wont wonder what im up to lol

lol GGG please hurry she is coming in the morning lol

5. What is the difference in evacuating the building when there is a bomb threat?

Should be serviced/ checked every 12 months

12. What items you use ever day, may be harmful to you and others? ( I am a receptionist/secretary)
Scissors/ Stapler??

28. what are your basic responsibilities as an employee under the Health and Safety at Work Act?
To report any hazards or risks to your line manager, to use items responsibly, not to so anything that may cause harm or risk to your fellow employees.

To provide a safe working environment for all employees, and to act upon reports of hazards or health risks. To carry out regular risk assessments at the premises, and to ensure health & safety guidelines are adhered to.

31. what working practices can you think of that do not confirm to health and safety regulations?

Bad weather - people may walk into the property leaving the entrance way wet ccausing a slip risk 9use a wet floor sign)

Being careless with alarm/ door entry codes (if applicable)

File securely, or shread any paperwork with personal data before throwing away

Following training provided by your employer

To ensure you are using any items safely and according to the guidelines provided.

42. what do you do if the manufacturer’s instructions conflict with Company Policy?
Report this to your line manager and seek advice from them.

43. what are the policies in place regarding the disposal of waste papers or toner?

47. if you suspect a colleague was under the influence of drugs or drink what would you do?
Report it to your line manager

To maintain a safe working environment for staff/ employer & clients or visitors to the building.

The weight of the item, the location to which the item is moved and the method of lifting used (bend knees not back).

There you go hun, there's a few answers from me :hug:

thanks Emmy hun that is a great help :hug: :hug: :hug: - just being nosey - what dept do you work for?!? :D

DH & I run our own business :wink:

Its really the more employer specific ones I am struggling to answer for you..... :hug: & I'm at home today so n business withdon't have the H&S manual to refer to :D

i now you shouldnt press the fire alarm for a bomb scare lol that came up in my nvq :oops:

in the event of a bomb scare report it to a manager do not sound fire alarm, they will issue further instructions! right looking for next question! xxx

Emmylou said:

Should be serviced/ checked every 12 months

Scissors/ Stapler??

To report any hazards or risks to your line manager, to use items responsibly, not to so anything that may cause harm or risk to your fellow employees.

To provide a safe working environment for all employees, and to act upon reports of hazards or health risks. To carry out regular risk assessments at the premises, and to ensure health & safety guidelines are adhered to.

Bad weather - people may walk into the property leaving the entrance way wet ccausing a slip risk 9use a wet floor sign)

Being careless with alarm/ door entry codes (if applicable)

File securely, or shread any paperwork with personal data before throwing away

Following training provided by your employer

To ensure you are using any items safely and according to the guidelines provided.

Report this to your line manager and seek advice from them.

Report it to your line manager

To maintain a safe working environment for staff/ employer & clients or visitors to the building.

The weight of the item, the location to which the item is moved and the method of lifting used (bend knees not back).

There you go hun, there's a few answers from me :hug:

12. correction fluid, hole p;unch, shredder, heavy files, pens/pencils/ computer if not used properly ( screen hurtin eyes or backache) also use computers for 13.

14. low risk = severity is slight/serious and likelihood is unlikely to possible
high risk = severity is serious/major and likelihood is possible/likely

31. do they provide you with footstools for using when sittin at computer, are all computer wires taped down or out of way, do you have a 15 min break from looking at computer screen every 1 - 1 1/2 hours?

43 and 44 should be disposed of in a waste paper bin preferably outside because they are flammable and can conbust/explode!

HTH hun any more questions or anything you need more info on? xxx

Glad you got the answers hun as I havnt had a chance to get them for you yet, good luck tomorrow!

thanks there is still two questions that i cannot answer but they are related to the company i work for - thanks all for your help :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back