nursing bras?

charlotte_

Reaction score
i read that i should go & get measured before i buy a nursing bra... but doesn't milk come in properly after the birth, so they're only going to get bigger? the whole system kind of confuses me! what did you do? :)

thanks in advance!

I went to M&S and got measured at 37/38 weeks. The lady that measured me took into account that i would be bigger when my milk came in and apparently you lose around the rib area so took into account that also and came up with what she thought i would be. So bought a pack of two nursing bras.
I was told that if they didnt fit correctly when my milk came in then to bring them back and they will change them for the correct size.
However she predicted right and the bras fitted me nicely :D I went and bought another two not long after the birth as you will definately need more than two.

I was told to get measured around 37/38 weeks, then again after. So i bought nursing tops instead as i saw the price tags and couldn't afford the bras. Nursing tops were brill while learning and when out. Then i found the bras in Tesco for a fiver! Once i knew my size anyway, yet i'm creeping out of those!

I was quite lucky as I have been wearing the same bras since 2nd tri. As they have many hooks so I just had them looser during late pregnancy. I only bought nursing bras when pregnant so that I didn't have to buy any new ones for breastfeeding.

I bought one this week in current size, then I'll get measured once my milk has come. It means a trip to town, but I've stocked up on everything first so it can't be that bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back