Nursery

mermaid

Reaction score
How early did you start decorating your nursery? I want to start but think it is a bit early and don't want to get too used to looking at it, if you know what i mean lol! Sounds daft I know :oops:

We've not even thought about it yet Mermaid!

I'm so unorganised just now for some reason, i'm usually always on top of things! Next thing i know i'll be in labour thinking shit we should have started the nursery!

We've had to completely strip the nursery and start from scratch so we're in the process of doing it now! Hopefully we can get it all done by October but it can't be any later than November because the baby can come anytime in December (scary thought, it goes so quickly!) If you want to start it now i would because that means less stress at the end of your pregnancy, so you can just put your feet up and relax before LO comes along :D

I've started to think about my nursery now. Have been to buy a few bits for it this weekend and will got the cot in a couple of weeks I think. Will hopefully have it fully decorated by November. Babyjay sounds like a woman of wisdom! I like the less stress bit!!!!

Just what I thought lynsey! Babyjay I didn't even consider how I might feel later, even though I probably read in magazines to decorate in 2nd tri! Haha, oh well it's that pregnant brain thing!

I just made some pictures from old fashioned teddy greeting cards I had and put them in dark wood frames. This is my inspiration to build around I think. I'm having a teddy bear theme as the room is ivory with dark wood floorboards and rails etc. Teddy colours lend themselves nicely with neutral colours! Hehe I'm excited now. :lol:

We started (and finished) decorating the nursery before we started trying to conceive

we started buying stuff for the nursery ages ago, but we decorated it this weekend :) Im just having a break from adding the finishing touches atm cause i have been working at it all day!! last weekend we emptied the room, friday we chopped up the double bed in there and took it to the skip, Saturday we did all the plastering and ceiling and base coat, sunday we did the skirting boards, radiator, windows, 2 layers of paint and built up the cotbed, wardrobe, and dresser and today Alan is at work (but getting triple time :D :D ) and i am finishing it off, have so far made up the bookcase, moved everything around (nothing is very heavy) putting all the nappies and cloths away, putting books, toys etc on bookcase, made the soft corner up and i have just got to put the mobile on and changing mat...sheesh im exhausted!!! then im going to sleep alan can do the washing up later lol!!

cas xx

ours was finished the month before she was due. I was the same, didn't want to get used to looking at it but at the same time wanted it done before she arrived. Saying that she has only just started sleeping in there :D

Beanie you would love my top drawer, they are massive drawers and its only just closing that many nappies lol!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: and it'll get worse. We have a chest for her nappies now. :rotfl:

We have only just ordered the furniture for the nursery am hoping little one comes at the end of Nov as expected and not early as we'll be in trouble otherwise :pray:

I'm being really boring with colours as we don't know the sex of the baby. Would love to find out but OH really wants it to be a surprise and my mouth is too big to keep it a secret if I found out

We have cleared out the room and bought the paint...doing it all white with white furniture (its a tiny box room so we want it bright and airy...)
Got some shelve in ikea last week, and some lovely primary colour wooden toys to put on the shelves-mum is helping me make curtains, cot tidy etc, we are using bright primary colour materials and cutting out alphabet letters and numbers, sewing them onto white curtains

Cant wait to get started, was planning on having it painted this weekend until I fell over saturday and sprained my ankle :( :x

Mine nursery is part of a long and boring story. OH has his computer gear in our spare room at the moment and is going to move this down into our kitchen/diner. However we are having a new kitchen fitted in October so we can't move it until then. So I won't get the spare room back until November at the lastest, so will then have to start buying stuff like mad.

Mind you we found a cot in the loft left by previous occupants and its lovely so we're going to rub that down and paint it and use that - so that saves a bit of money!!!

haha yes good idea sits down and says *kina told me to buy them, kina told me to buy them, it was kina, kina, kinaaaaa* think it will work? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back