nursery q's & a's

Hiya I only work the two days, but the have to be flexable, im supposed to be workin days/Back/nights and sleepovers, my work needs me to be flexable so i have to be able to work mond to fri 9-5 at least, so i need him in full time, one of the nurserys is lottery funded and also, the private ones up here seem to be kinda run down in comparison to the government ones, for some reason? The private ones up here cost, £150 a week and i only work two days, so that would swallow up my wage and the government ones are £24 a week and seem run just as well. Ive been told by the one i like the best hes at the top of the list and theyd contact me in january if theres any change on the intake, theres some older babies due to go into the toddler group, all i can say is fingers crossed i mights have 5 mins to myself now, i would also say to other girls on here who is thinking of gettin their babies into nursery, put their name down as soon as their born, as it could take months to get them in and if you dont need the space at that time then u can always so u dont need the it later on XkelX

Nurseies usually follow a certain routine daily, but for babies feeds, nap times etc are kept to the parents preferences, it is just when they move up to toddlers they follow the nursery routine more

i.e my childrens routine

8-9am brekfast
9-10am free play
10-1030nappies
1030 - 1130 structured play (creative, outdoor etc)
1130-1200 story/focus time/singing
1200-1230 lunch
1230-1400 sleep
1400-1430 nappys
1430-1515 structured play
1515-1530 story/singing/focus
1530-1600 tea
1600-1630 nappies
1630 - 1800 structured play

Kas the reason you will have been waiting so long then is because it is a government one and they are more for priority cases.

My nursery costs £56 a day, but im nr London, i expect they will be much cheaper as far north as yorkshire.

The private ones Kas probably seem more run down because they are ones people have set up themselves and they wont have had as much funding as the government ones because its obviously a lot of money to set up such a buisness :)

Thanks Cassi, that has put my mind to rest. Do you work locally? Your nurseries charges makes our £44 a day sound good - Gulp! Out of curiousity do you get any perks like reduced or free nursery place for your LO when you work in the nursery?

I work at leapfrog TVP (thames valley park) you know it?

it used to be jigsaw...

I get 30% off, its abit shit really isnt it!! still expensive after discount!

:hug:

Thats a shame. I have heard of it but don't know it. I am going to one by Aborfield Garrison, part of the Kingsclere group. Longer term I suspect we will get a nanny or an au pair but initially, with how young Ellie is I think a nursery is the best option.

Another wee quick question about nurserys, was on the fone today to the Health Visitor, i forgot about kaidens jags yesterday and she wanted to book him in for next week, she asked bout his general health, said all was well and i mentioned the nursery and diffuclty i was having, she said shel write a letter to the nursery, sayin how he really needs a place, does anyone know what the letter will say, and how can it help, my sister mentioned summit about it before, but i cant remember now? XkelX

my HV worte a few letters for me one being to the nursery and one being to the housing :wink: The nursery one just said that i was feeling a bit low and Adele relly needed to mix with other children her own age ect.
She might piut she feels it will be best for you to get a place as your under preasure with your job and is slightly worried it could lead to PND
it may be soem white lies but hionestly hun it does help get you something quicker

good luck hun
xxxxxxxxx

Really, well that good im still gettin medication for anxiety and panic attacks so il mention that to the HV when im there just make it sound a bit worse than it is, the things u gotta do for a nursey place these days LOL :wall: XkelX

hi kas hope you get on ok with everything and the letter, hope it gets you into a nursery a bit quicker, hun :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back