Nursery dilemma

knopk@

Reaction score
I went to see a nursery today, i have had a tour there before but they have had a management change.
The nursety itself is fine the only problem i have is that they moved the cots to a light room - no blinds, nothing.
My lo has trouble going to sleep by himself and recently i managed to get him to sleep in a cot but he needs to be rocked or cuddled to sleep and i have blackout blind
They told me they dont do it there, they will leave him to cry?
it just doesnt work for him, he whinges first and then works himself up in a state.

The nursery is convenient for me but i just dont think i can leave him there to CIO
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Forgot to say -its for one day a week only

Hmm I wouldn't be happy to leave my lo somewhere where she was left to cry :(

Hmm I wouldn't be happy to leave my lo somewhere where she was left to cry :(

Thats how i feel too. I dont think there is another nursery that does one day a week.

I would ask them what they would do if LO was crying would they just leave him.
My friend is a nursery manager and she says some babies just need to be held. But she is in a small nursery. Also this is when they have their breaks so they want the babies to fall asleep.

didnt think a cresh would cio unless u told them to? wouldn't be happy with them treating all kids the same they all like to sleep differently thats just lazy on there part if u ask me

They said they would leave them to cry themselves to sleep. It was the nursery manager. I really dont think they xan do this, i mean, one child would keep everyone else awake.
She said there are so many activities that they sleep well
They just havent seen children with.sleep problema

I was a nursey nurse for 5 years and we never ever let a baby/toddler cry itself to sleep. It's not their right to let a child cry by itself! They're there to help & guide children not leave a baby crying in a strange room/cot it doesn't know! And you're right how would the others fall asleep if one was crying? Seems very strange. Hope you find a solution! x

If it's not right for you both for whatever reason I personally would walk away. They have to understand not all children can nap in the same conditions. Trust your instincts hun xxxxxxxx

Have you tried a childminder?? Cud be more personal than a nursery?? They might be able to do one day a week??
xxx

I'm a Childminder! :) Shame you don't live closer.... Jack could do with a buddy! lol x

I might look at the childminder option, just need a personal reference I think.

It was just weird that the manager was adamant re sleep thing, I saw nursery nurse with one 11 month old rubbing his back on her lap as he was falling asleep. Maybe she didnt want 1 day a week?

i think thats really strange! i was worried about my lo going to sleep as i walk her around for 15mins until she falls asleep but when i asked in advance they said they would do whatever, walk round the garden etc.

from reading her book she sleeps really well there, i asked how they get her to sleep and they give her a cuddle, hold her hand and stroke her cheek for 5 mins.

its a small nursery with just 6 babies.

they are very caring and really don't think they would leave a baby crying, all the others would start crying as well!!

I run a nursery and my staff would not do that, we always follow parents wishes, if a child needs to be rocked to sleep, thats what we do.
I would really question it and if your not 100% happy walk away.
not the easy solution tho! Hope you work it out x x

I thought it was weird cause babies like cuddles, theu like security. My boy certainly is a very.cuddly baby. He gives cuddles to other babies now. I really dont understand how you can leave a baby crying needing a cuddle and stretching their hands out to you.

Thats mental. I can't believe a nursery would let a baby cry itself to sleep! :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back