nuisance calls

lisaspoon

Reaction score
Hi there

Just wondered if anyone else is getting these calls... when i answer the phone the line is silent then an automated american voice starts saying "hold the line please you have a reverse charge call" or something like that....

anyone else had this? I hang up as soon as I hear the voice as I'm getting p*** off with it!

I'm already ex-directory and also signed up to the TPS (twice!) but doesnt seem to help these day!

Just curious as to who/what company is doing this?!

:D

I answer the phone at work (which is also an ex directory number) and we constantly get calls really similar to this but they start saying "You have been chosen to win a holiday to Florida" Yeh right :roll: and "Your household has been chosen to have its mortgage paid for an entire month!" yay. We have had a few more similar and they all have American accents and are recordings. Of course when you do 1471 the number is with held!! It fucks me right off, cos you cant even stop them!

yes i have had the reverse call thing a few times. First time i said yes becaues i thought it was my bro. The line beeped and there was the sound like being in a pub but noone said anything. So i put the phone down. When we got our bill we had been charged £7 for a few seconds!!

I think its terrible because those sorts of calls prey on people with kids. What if James was a teenager and out and about? There is no way we would take the risk of not accepting the call in case it was him in an emergency! Its a bloody awful scam. I kept meaning to tell someone about it tbh but i didnt know who then we havent had any for ages so its kinda slipped my mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back