Not Well :( ***UPDATE***

You poor thing Sarah :hug: :hug: :hug:

A week off might do you good, try and take it easy you sound as though you are really run down to me.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I hope you feel better soon :hug: .

thanks chick :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

yeah i think you are right really, just run down.

Im still unable to eat properly too which is a ball ache and can only drink through a straw :roll:

Ah well

:hug: :hug: I had Impetigo once I know how yuk it is :hug:

Keep us all company in the forum while you re off :D

i will do lol

i love the looks im gettin though lol...yes it doesnt look nice (at all) but please dont stare lol. i keep sayin to mum im gonna walk round town with mistletoe :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

gotta laugh (or ill cry lol)

Sarah it sounds like herpes to me, especially with the whitlows on the fingers that are classic signs of herpes. You need to make sure you keep your fluid levels up and try and not touch anywhere near your eyes.

Your Doc should have recognised this and given you anti-viral meds straight away. Impetigo is usually a secondary infection connected to the herpes. The gingivitis is also another part of the virus.

Be really careful with the antibiotics as they can make the herpes virus spread instead of get better.

Poor you, must be horrible!

she did actually wonder that yesterday...

she thought maybe the impetigo has been caused by an infected coldsore but i thik she ruled it out whe i said i dont usually get them and it only appeared after i managed to bite a chunk out of my lip...

Do you kow how you catch it hun?

Lots of ways hun, I think it's incubation time can be anything from 2 days to 2 weeks. Usually I think you come into contact with someone with an active cold sore. Can be a kiss, sharing a cup or glass, or a cup or glass that hasn't been washed properly, or a towel, or anything really.

It's very difficult to pin point the exact cause of infection.

thanks hun :) think the antibiotics are starting to kick in now anyway..just gotta wait for the anti viral cream to kick in then im ok then.

cheers as well emma :lol: funy enough it wasnt that busy in town :rotfl:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Hope you start to feel better soon hun

I suffer terribly with coldsores at times and they make my lips swell to massive proportions, so i sympathise completely.
I remember the one time my lips were so swollen just like yours and it was horrendous, couldnt eat, only drank through a straw :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back