*not sure where to post this* late period?

Starchild

Reaction score
My cycle is usually 28 days, my period due on the 20th. I’m now cycle day 32!

It’s never, ever been this late before, latest 30 and that’s not often.

I’m not pregnant as my husband had a vasectomy last December. He got his clearance, no live sperm.

Does something have to be really wrong or could my period just be this late for no real reason? I’m usually always on track given a day or 2 max. Even my OH is concerned & I’m just worrying about all kinds of serious illnesses or whatever. Or menopause... but I’m only 27!

I guess I’m just worrying & hoping people say yeh it’s not unusual for your period to be late. 🙈

Hey hun
It’s actually totally normal to have an ‘odd cycle’ as they call it. So many people have this and can’t get there head around it because they are normally always on time for AF but sometimes our bodies like to through us a curve ball.
It is called an anovulatory cycle and it’s verh common.
Try not to stress as this is probably what is longing it out. Your period will finally show hun xx

^ what she said :)

You've either ovulated late for whatever reason (changes in diet/exercise, stress, illness and travel are common ones) or you've not ovulated at all. If it truly is anovulatory AF could be very late so don't be too surprised if she doesn't come for another week or more. It is normal to have a funky cycle so don't stress about it.

Last edited:
I agree with the above ladies, but if your period is 2 weeks late and this has never happened to you before (or you're feeling poorly, or really stressed about it), you can always pop to your doctor just to be sure there's nothing up. They usually say to wait 2 weeks before seeing anyone, as like the ladies above said it can be normal to be late.

Thanks ladies!

I think I needed to hear that. As I’ve always been pretty regular it’s something I’m not clued up about. I guess I have been pretty stressed out starting back at work. Hopefully it’s just a one off.

My dog has started following me around so I think AF is on its way. ��

Thanks again, I feel lots better and reassured. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back