Not sure if I am coping

JoS

Reaction score
Hi,
I have had two miscarriages in the last five months, the first my baby was 6 weeks old when it's heart stopped, I should have been nine weeks and the second I was only five weeks pregnant.
I have two children, a three and a half year old and a one and a half year old, so this would have been my third. At first after both of them I was ok, I feel so blessed to have two happy, healthy children. But a few weeks on I am starting to struggle.
I feel like I have not had time to process what has happened. Life with two children is really busy, my husband has been working away for several weeks and I also run my own business so 'me' time just doesn't happen.
I constantly feel on the verge of tears and I'm knackered all the time which I think is just because life is so busy right now.

Hi hun

There are several stages of grief and you may have been going through shock first, but now some time has passed it sounds like you may be entering another phase.

The loss of an unborn baby, no matter its gestation, is one of the worst feelings in the world.

I'm so sorry to hear about your losses.

Are you able to talk to friends or family or anyone supportive? If not I think there are miscarriage support groups e.g. http://www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/support/how-we-can-help/ and phonelines that may give you someone to talk to about how you are feeling.

If you can think of any way to take some of the stress off your shoulders in the immediate future, whether that's a babysitter or any other small measure you can take then I think that would be helpful for you.

You may also want to speak with your doctor about it.

Hugs xxx

Sorry for your losses :( i felt like we didnt have time to grief as at the time our daughter was 2 so we were so distracted by her that neither of us processed what had happened straight away

It does take time to go through each stage of the process first with me was shock disbelief then came the anger mostly at my boss as i partly blamed work for the mc

Try an take some time to have some "you" time big hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back