Not Sure..? Edit: *Deffinately Sure!* Updated first post

BabyLove

Reaction score
I Thought of a lovely name the other day, well, I think its lovely at least. thing is, the OH hates it and i mentioned it to my sister and she thought it was hideous so now im wondering if its really THAT bad? I wanted something meaningful to me, like Lovella's name was. I used the word Love to create her name and with this baby i wanted to do the same.. so i came up with... Beautelle. Using the word beautiful :) I know its unusual but i do Love it.. but i obviously dont want people to laugh at my babys name so what do u think? honestly. and also.. should i even care what others think and go with what i feel?

Added: Its pronounced Beaut-ell :)

-----------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: Its decided. Baby' name will be Beautelle Kaytii Stead. No matter what!! :)

i dont know tbh... i think it could cause name calling.. it does sound like a disney character.. could you not shorten it to belle or something?
it is unusual, i'll give ya that! but on the other hand it goes well with lovella.. :think:

I actually quite like it. People still have issues with me calling my daughter Angel. I don't think you'll please everyone, no matter what you choose.

Hey stranger, hope your ok :) If i'm honest I don't really like Beautelle, I think she'd get teased.
What other ideas have you got? xx

people would call her(i guess itas a girl??) beut..especially here in wales..i think i would look at other meanings of beautiful like belle http://www.daystogo.com/baby-names/beauty.asp heres some more or just go the whole hog and calle her beautiful?

i quite like faerie i dunno y.. i heard someone calling a little girl pixie in town.. was cute :D

I like unusual names and personally I think thats no ones elses opinion should matter apart from you and o/h. If it got shortened to beut, especially in wales i think thats fab. My dad often uses beaut when talking to me or my children and its a lovely thing. To me its an endearing word.

kelsey said:
I like unusual names and personally I think thats no ones elses opinion should matter apart from you and o/h. If it got shortened to beut, especially in wales i think thats fab. My dad often uses beaut when talking to me or my children and its a lovely thing. To me its an endearing word.

I agree :D

Thanks for your lovely comments, its a better reaction than i was anticipating. At the moment i think im almost certain that iv got the name chosen now, i just need to convince the OH lol. Il deffo be keepin it secret until the birth like i did with Lovella, to avoid bad comments frm family n friends :) the name just popped into my head wen i was watchin tv, i wasnt even thinkin about it and at the time i thought id hav a boy anyway! I still havnt looked 4 names, but tbh iv fallen in love with this one :) x

I think that its just lovely that you have designed your own names for your children, its really creative and a very loving gift.

xCarly said:
I Thought of a lovely name the other day, well, I think its lovely at least. thing is, the OH hates it and i mentioned it to my sister and she thought it was hideous so now im wondering if its really THAT bad? I wanted something meaningful to me, like Lovella's name was. I used the word Love to create her name and with this baby i wanted to do the same.. so i came up with... Beautelle. Using the word beautiful :) I know its unusual but i do Love it.. but i obviously dont want people to laugh at my babys name so what do u think? honestly. and also.. should i even care what others think and go with what i feel?

Added: Its pronounced Beaut-ell :)

-----------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: Its decided. Baby' name will be Beautelle Kaytii Stead. No matter what!! :)

Thats bril hun xx

I really like it and im usually unadventurous with names. Sounds french.

Claire x

I like it shortened to 'Beaut' which it probably will be by some people

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back