Not showing much at 18 +2 weeks with pics

LucyAnn

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Finally managed to upload a couple of pics. For some reason I am really not showing an actual bump bump, however I do know beany is very low down. People just get me worried as I have to tell people im pregnant they dont think my body has changed at all. I can see it has and OH has just from my belly button down theres a lil bumpy but thats all.
But everything else on my body remains the same, apart from my boobies they are now huuuuuge! lol I look forward to every appointment and scan just to reassure myself as ladies at work (espesh as one is 61/2 months preg) just keep saying how tiny i am etc and even said have i asked my MW if theres any probs or has she asked me why im so small?!?!? WTF lol talk about getting me worried!!!
But I am trying to believe the theory that bumps are in all different shapes and sizes and that some people can literally not show properly till like 7 months so am happy and love that I can still fit in size 10 work trousers at the minute :D xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• 2011-05-05 07.19.41.jpg
    2011-05-05 07.19.41.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 2011-05-05 07.25.04.jpg
    2011-05-05 07.25.04.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 20
You def have something going on there! I'm not really showing either (put a pic up the other day in the bumpy pics) I'm a few weeks behind you but can't see me being much different in 3 weeks or so! My clothes are too big just now cos of all the morning sickness! So no way I need maternity clothes yet! I just think the smaller my bump is the less work I'll need to do at the gym afterwards! Long as baby is growing a small neat bump isn't a bad thing!

Thanks Sarah yeah I know what you mean I havent been sick for 4 days what a milestone lmao but I too have gone down a dress size! :) like you say hopefully less work afterwards for us , it's just so hard isn't it to stop comparing to others xxx

I wouldn't worry about it hun. Bumps do come in all shapes and sizes. I know someone who didn't show through-out her whole pregnancy and never knew she was pregnant (and neither did the Dr's - she had been a bit sick but htey put it down to a wheat allergy) and she got rushed into hospital with a suspected apendicitis and came home with a baby girl!! As Sarah said, it'll be a lot less work to lose any excess weight afterwards and it'll be cheaper in clothes.

I, on the other hand, am the total opposite - absolutely massive and only 14 weeks!! I've been showing and wearing maternity clothes since I was 10 weeks. I'm dreading to think how huge I'm going to get. Eeeeek!!!

Im a late shower too hun! When i was 24 weeks with my 3rd i still barely had a bump!

Dont worry too much, it will just pop out one day :) xx

Us women always have to compare our figures whether we're pregnant or not we're either moaning about being too fat or not fat enough, we're never happy are we lol!

Us women always have to compare our figures whether we're pregnant or not we're either moaning about being too fat or not fat enough, we're never happy are we lol!

lol spot on! hahah xx

Im a late shower too hun! When i was 24 weeks with my 3rd i still barely had a bump!

Dont worry too much, it will just pop out one day :) xx

Thank you that reassured me :) xx

I wouldn't worry about it hun. Bumps do come in all shapes and sizes. I know someone who didn't show through-out her whole pregnancy and never knew she was pregnant (and neither did the Dr's - she had been a bit sick but htey put it down to a wheat allergy) and she got rushed into hospital with a suspected apendicitis and came home with a baby girl!! As Sarah said, it'll be a lot less work to lose any excess weight afterwards and it'll be cheaper in clothes.

I, on the other hand, am the total opposite - absolutely massive and only 14 weeks!! I've been showing and wearing maternity clothes since I was 10 weeks. I'm dreading to think how huge I'm going to get. Eeeeek!!!

thankyou, and WOW OMG cant believe that happened to her -- speechless!!
thanks ive never changed in size or weight since growing up from a girl to a woman lol im 23 and always been the same build even though i eat tons of naughty foods its never kind of reflected always been a 10-12, but still expected me to just turn into nutty professor when i woke up pregnant lol. Thanks yeah will be cheaper i spose :) aawww must be lovely to have and feel a prominent bump though :) xxxx

It is nice to have a proper baby bump cos there's no mistaking that I'm pregnant as I'm usually a size 8 and only 5ft 1 but it's a bit embarrasing when people say Oh wow, you're pregnant, how far gone are you? and I reply only 14 weeks!!

I'm the same, I've been the same size since I was about 15, no matter what I eat. I did change shape after I had my son cos none of my jeans fit me anymore even though I weighed the same!

hi I really don't show much til past 20 weeks. an everything turns out fine. I always measured small with my last one and doc said she's just a small baby. He was right. 6and a half lbs and so petite. still is.... I am 16 weeks tomorrow and don't show..

i never showed on my first till i was six months u never know tomorrow u could all of a sudden show, my friends say it looks like a swollowed a perfect round basket ball lol

hi there, i didnt start to properly show until i was about 24 weeks, and even then i looked more bloated than pregnant!

thanks everyone, it's really intresting how different everyone can be thank you for the reassurance. I have had to laugh this morning and Oh did as I have woke up and definatly had a bump growth overnight! now my OH says serves me right for moaning I was so small whoops hahah its quite abit prominent roundness now! :) xxx

There'll be no stopping it now. I don't think I'm getting any bigger but OH says i'm growing week by week!! :D xxx

It deffo just pops out some days. I walk into work and the girl I share an office says to me "oh you're pregnant today" and another day she will say to me "what happened to your bump?" odd..... Last weekend mine just suddenly took an overnight growth and said "hello" to me in the morning!!

With my 1st I was absoultly tiny... I'm bigger now than what I was when I gave birth... People will always have an opionon on your pregnancy, u are either too small or too big.. And they forget that we are already worrying that baby is healthy, some one asked me if I was carrying a elephant yesterday!! Seriously why would u say that, I don't even look that big! (To be fair I think I was quite big early on in my pregnancy but I think its all settled now and I'm measuring fine). You just look lovely hun! :) xx

With my 1st I was absoultly tiny... I'm bigger now than what I was when I gave birth... People will always have an opionon on your pregnancy, u are either too small or too big.. And they forget that we are already worrying that baby is healthy, some one asked me if I was carrying a elephant yesterday!! Seriously why would u say that, I don't even look that big! (To be fair I think I was quite big early on in my pregnancy but I think its all settled now and I'm measuring fine). You just look lovely hun! :) xx

spot on there peoples opinions dam them :p yeah cus ive said to my OH that like now everyday im constantly worrying about 20 week scan and i know even when that is complete i will be worrying about giving birth at 26 weeks like you hear the odd stories lol! throughout the pregnancy so far I have probably only felt at peace for like a week at once before someones opinion or my worries get me cant believe they said that to you how rude!
thankyou for your lovely words you have really cheered me up :)xxxxx

It deffo just pops out some days. I walk into work and the girl I share an office says to me "oh you're pregnant today" and another day she will say to me "what happened to your bump?" odd..... Last weekend mine just suddenly took an overnight growth and said "hello" to me in the morning!!

Aww Trace seems like your lil wriggler is so funny making you pop out one day and not the next lol xxxx

I wouldn't worry. I didn't show until I was about 22 weeks and then my bump just popped out! I am almost 27 weeks now and am told a lot that I am still very small and neat. I am not being too easily fooled - I expect I will become HUGE in tri 3!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back