Not settling, how much milk?

babyjay1

Reaction score
Hi guys! My LO is an absolute nightmare to settle when it comes to bed time. He always has been really coz he loves people around him and being on his own really frustrates him but lately he has got alot worse.

Im breast feeding and he was wanting more feeds which was really tiring me out as we were putting him down and he wasn't settling till about 3hrs later. A couple of days ago i tried giving him 4oz of formula just to top him up but he was still hungary and i was still giving him another breast feed after that. Does anyone know if i should up the formula and if so how much by, please help!!!!

I m not saying that you should stop B/F but the reason I stopped is because I didn't think Jake was getting enough milk from me and he would cry all evening and wouldn't settle until about 3am. I B/F for 4 weeks and then I started giving him formula and breast milk. I usually B/F first thing in the morning and then gave formula in the day and then B/F again from tea time onwards and then gave formula as the last feed of the day so I was doing half and half. I know some babies are a bit fussy with switching from breast to bottle but Jake didn't mind at all. Anyway at 8 weeks I stopped B/F all together and to be honest although I know formula isn't as good as breast milk he has been so much easier to settle and his bedtime is a lot earlier now. I also started a bedtime routine by giving him a bath every night before I put his babygrow on and that also seems to have helped. Maybe you could try B/F all day and then say give him a 6oz ( at this age Jake was taking 6 oz) bottle last thing before you try to settle him for the night. Anyway good luck with it all.

I've always given him a bath, feed and then bed since day one. He has always fussed until someone went in to comfort him and he would stop but now he is obviously getting more hungary as he's getting older. Do you think if i done everything as normal then if he cries for an extra feed just top him up with 6oz of formula?

Yes that sounds fine. I would try him with 6oz and then adjust it to how much he actually wants whether it is less or more and then hopefully he will be nice and full up for the night. Let me know how you get on.

Thanks Gemz, will let you know - fingers crossed :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back